Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
I wish to purchase for my high school son who is 17. Does this edition apply to him? The school email he uses is not a .edu one.
asked by Thomas Milliken on December 9, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 answers
A
You have to provide some proof of his being a student. I don't know what all the possible kinds of proof are, but I would think a high school ID of some kind might be enough. If they want more, the school would probably give you a letter that would work. It is worth a little work to get this great price. I'm loving all the things I can do with this program.
Alicat answered on December 9, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Hey Thomas, I certainly understand that issue. While the .edu email is the "easiest" way to verify, a copy of his school id (with the numbers blacked out) just his name is necessary) is usually suffice. hope that helps.
LeightonD answered on December 9, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Jeffrey Tranberry answered on December 10, 2012
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The answer to your question depends on the amount of experience your son has with digital editing of photographs and what he wants to do. I purchased Photoshop CS6 Extended and love it very much, however, I have been using photoshop since it first came out. There are many features that I will not use, however, the advanced version of Photoshop makes some editing much easier. I think he is eligible to purchase and activate the student version....check some of the earlier answers.
Tim answered on December 10, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
In my opinion all high schools should work. Use an email you often check because that is where they will send the number to you. Also don't buy the download version, its harder to return.
r0526b answered on December 10, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I believe this edition does apply to him, and I do believe you can get it working, but you will have to go through the process of dealing with the terrible customer service. Good luck.
AlaskaCouple2008 answered on December 9, 2012
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I would just scan his school ID and have it ready, and be prepared to call Customer Service and sit on hold for ages.
AlaskaCouple2008 answered on December 9, 2012
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product