Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing Learn more
purchasing this for a christmas gift for a kayaker - any suggestions for "must have" accessories?
asked by Shari Long on November 29, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 15 answers
A
for Kayaker you may need a floating wrist band.
J. J. Guan answered on November 29, 2012
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Hi Shari, I highly recommend getting a floater strap an additional battery. The strap will save it if the camera ever falls out of the kayak and into the water. The extra battery is just great to have.
AdventureJosh answered on November 29, 2012
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
You know it's comes with a strap for it. Already, I guess only you would like to get him a bigger memory card and a case/bag for it, I really don't think you need to buy anything else for it.
Jaime E. Rivas answered on November 29, 2012
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
there are little float attachments - when you drop the camera in the water it won't sink-i think that is a must--when i put the camera in a flexible case-bag it can hang outsid the bag sherron
sherron l. francis answered on November 29, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I bought the Chums floating strap to go with it, but I have yet to use it. Its a little bulky, but I guess it has to be to keep the camera from sinking... I would definitely want some sort of floating strap. I would hate to donate such a nice camera to the sea.
T. Poucher answered on November 29, 2012

A
A flotation device would be good.
Jeff L answered on November 29, 2012

A
Get a flotation wristband attachment. I got one from Walmart. Mine if you search was yellow Olympus float strap. Any brand is good. I liked this whole I snorkels with my daughter because if she needed help I let the camera float so I was free hand
B. Bell answered on November 29, 2012

A
Definitely get a floating wrist band. I got mine on Ebay for about six bucks. Did save me on a snokeling trip in Cozumel Mexico when I dropped the camera. Kept it floating at the surface instead of sinking like a rock.
Lee answered on November 29, 2012

A
Buy an extra battery and a strap that floats. The battery life was poor in this camera and I would run out in less than 3 hours.I also had a strange smudge image in my pictures despite cleaning the lens. I eventually returned the camera. Consider the Nikon aw100 or the Panasonic lumix TS20. Amazon is offering great buys right now. Good luck
Rita answered on November 30, 2012

A
There are not a lot of accessories that would be pertinent. It comes ready to go. The only thing I would definitely suggest is an additional battery or two. The camera comes with one battery, but I know from experience there is nothing worse than being on a day-trip and missing opportunities due to a dead battery.
Jim Dooley answered on November 29, 2012
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product