5.0 out of 5 stars The Best of the Bunch!
I have had quite a few cheaper ultrasonic humidifiers, and there's no comparison. The mist particles are so fine that they bounce off my hand, and my hand stays dry (slight dampness to the hand when on high). This means I have no problems with condensate sequestering on the things directly around the humidifier.

I've had ZERO issues with any mildew or bacterial...
Published on May 6, 2012 by CircaRigel

3.0 out of 5 stars Water leakage
I am returning this product because the water compartment is very difficult to fill, and aside from that, after 3 days of having it, it started to leak and water was accumulating at the bottom of the machine. It had to be refilled once a day which is a complete pain. I will say its quiet and when it was working effectively, the mist is very strong and blows nicely.
Published on January 11, 2013 by NMB

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best of the Bunch!, May 6, 2012
This review is from: pureguardian H2500 100-Hour Ultrasonic Humidifier with Night Light (Health and Beauty)

I've had ZERO issues with any mildew or bacterial films building up in the chamber(s). It really is clean.

The night light is retro... very different, and just plain KEWL! I rarely use it, though.

Having the warm mist option is nice for winter use.

It's definitely a work horse, but I still find I don't need to fill the reservoir nearly as often as other humidifiers.

I live in a very arid, dry, climate, and this machine has been the best! I get nose bleeds when things are too dry, but with this humidifier... nada.

The 3 year warranty is nice too... I've never had cheaper ones last more than a year or two before.

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect, January 7, 2012
Amazon Customer (Bakersfield, CA USA) - See all my reviews
Love everything about the way this Humidifier works. Very fine mist. Extremely quiet. If I were to change anything about this humidifier, it would have a way to fill the water chamber from the top. It is a little bit of a pain to have to take the tank off, turn it upside down before getting it too far away from the unit so you don't drip water all over the floor or furniture, find a sink deep enough to be able to fill it to the top, then haul the now heavy reservoir back to the base unit, then flipping it back over the unit to install back on the base. It would be so much easier to have a top fill and just bring the pitcher of water to the unit.

4.0 out of 5 stars Retro humidifier!, October 3, 2011
I wanted a humidifier for a large nursery that was quiet, good quality and didn't require filling often. This fit the bill perfectly. It keeps a large nursery humid for what we want when run on low and it has adjustable settings to humidify much more quickly. I didn't give it 5 stars because it has a power usage indicator - 1 light for low power usage, 2 lights for high power usage and no matter what I do, it always shows 2 lights (which is not a problem from a power usage point of view (I hope!), but just that this feature doesn't seem to work). I would recommend this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as advertised, February 3, 2013
This humidifier works just as people talked about in the other reviews. I had no problem with leaks. I can see where you would want to force the seal for the tank but that is not necessary. Just screw it on like a normal person and it does it's job quite well. I'm using this for my mom who is going through chemotherapy. I have it turned up quite a ways so I don't get the amount of duration as some of the other people have described. But I definitely get well over 30 hours out of one tank. The controls are simplistic and the entire look of the humidifier is quite attractive. I would definitely recommend this to any of my friends.

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks nice, January 2, 2013
This humidifier works fine, and it looks nice compared with a lot of other humidifiers. I gave it four stars instead of five for two reasons. One, it is awkward to refill, and that is not specific to this brand, many or I could say all humidifiers I have used are cumbersome to refill the tank. (I have used at least 6 different types of humidifiers in my house over the years.) This one has a curved side that is on the bottom when you fill it, so not only is it hard to hold, but it is unstable and has a tendency to roll around as the water splashes inside. I wonder why no one can design a unit that is easy to use?? It is frustrating. Two, and this is partly my ignorance, the mist can make the area around the humidifier wet. I assume this is because it is not actual steam. My "scientific" explanation is that because the water vibrates up due to the the ultrasonic sound waves, it is colder and denser than humidifiers that use heat or wicking filters, so if the room is not dry and warm enough, the water falls to the floor and you can have a wet carpet or wet furniture. The fix is to turn down the setting and that solves the problem but, to me, it humidifies the room less than other types and I feel a bit "dryer" than I did with a wicking humidifier or a heat based humidifier. The warm setting is not actually very warm; the unit feels warm but the mist is cool.

However, it is very quiet, well at least I can't hear the ultrasonic sound! And the water vapor immediately comes floating out the top when you fill it, no waiting. I am using this in a room that is about 20 x 20 and I should have gotten the larger capacity because I am filling it every day. I have hot air heat so the room is very dry in the winter. Not sure what they mean when they say 100 hours. I would suggest getting the biggest one you can handle, taking into consideration that it will be heavy and unsteady when you refill it. It certainly will be the nicest looking humidifier around and will be quiet.

5.0 out of 5 stars pleased with purchase, March 14, 2012
We are very pleased with this product. It is so quiet we hardly even know its on. We also like the automatic shut off feature when in runs out of water. The best part is no filter to change. We would recommend this humidifier.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ultrasonic Humidifier, February 7, 2012
So far I love this new humidifier. No filters to replace which is great. It's kinda quiet but the blue light on the front when it's on bothers me. Can't turn it off. There is also a blue nitelight on it but it has a off button. Overall it's so easy to clean and puts out as much humidity as you like.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome product, January 30, 2013
I live in a basement apt, with the boiler on the air was so dry. I would always have a sore throat even nose bleeds. Once I received this product and started using it. I notice the difference in the air. It's super quiet and easy to clean. The water tank is huge. I like the night light feature it has. Now I can sleep in peace without having a dry throat or nose bleeds anymore.

3.0 out of 5 stars Water leakage, January 11, 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars requires regular cleaning of the sonic disk, January 22, 2012
Ours stopped working after a year because we never cleaned it, namely, the sonic disk inside. And after a year there was a lot of deposit buildup that I pretty much had to scrape off with a screwdriver it was so bad. Even after soaking in vinegar. This wrecked it, as there's a goldish coating on the disk which I scratched off when cleaning, and support says it needs the gold coating to work. They say they're sending me a replacement. We'll see if they really do though. I told them they could just send me the disk but they said no.

The manual does say it should be cleaned every 2 weeks with diluted vinegar. If you use distilled water I'm sure it wouldn't need cleaning very often. If you have hard water, you should remember to stay on top of the whole cleaning thing. The price to me seems a bit high. I'll give it 4 stars overall.

In summary.

1. Make sure the sonic disk stays clean.

2. Be gentle enough to not rub the gold coating off the disk.

Update: They really did send me a replacement, so that's good. But I've lowered my rating of it to 3 stars. After 2 days of use, usually no mist comes out when I turn it on. But if I hit it, the mist starts going again. I thought it was the little gas bubbles collecting on the disk, but even after brushing off all the bubbles it's still doing it. At least it works but I have to hit it like the fonze every time I start it up.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›