Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
How is the image quality of the Fuji X10 not using the EXR modes in comparison to other high end cameras such as, the Panasonic LX7 and Sony RX100?
asked by GG on October 9, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 11 answers
A
btn1100 answered on October 9, 2012
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Timur Born answered on October 10, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The Sony RX100 has much higher resolution and better image quality. I have both cameras. The X10 is a lot of fun to use because of its retro styling, but the RX100 has better picture quality and is technically more advanced. Both cameras take great pictures. IN certain modes the X10's resolution is cut in half in order to provide greater dynamic range. The Sony can increase dynamic range by taking multiple exposures and combining them, a method that does not reduce resolution.
Rrr answered on October 10, 2012
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have not used the other cameras, so I cannot compare. I will say that I am very happy with what I have shot so far. I have no regrets buying this camera.
Marc Holtsberg answered on October 9, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I really don't know about the other cameras. This camera is perfect for me. Excellent photos in a well made small camera. There is a problem for some people. You must have read about it. It hasn't affected me at all.
Amazon Customer answered on October 9, 2012

A
I use the P or program mode combined with Velvia color selection most of the time. For me, EXR is overkill.
Ruth answered on October 9, 2012

A
I use the P or program mode combined with Velvia color selection most of the time. For me, EXR is overkill.
Ruth answered on October 9, 2012

A
cal jazz answered on October 9, 2012

A
The X10 is a wonderful camera as I have expressed in a previous review. I have found that the EXR mode is too much automatic override for my tastes. I like to stick with the P or program mode along with the Velvia color setting. Overall, the X10 is a very fine camera, but, here is something kinda weird: This camera does not produce the outstanding color renditions that I get from my old Canon A540 point and shoot. I will continue using the X10 because it has much broader overall capabilities. But, hey, sometimes simpler is better.
Alyn Wolf answered on October 9, 2012

A
I'M DONE WITH DARKNESS!!! answered on October 12, 2012
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product