Customer Discussions > Happy Days: Season 3 forum

question for the diehards

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 23, 2008 7:42:35 PM PDT
Bryan says:
as far as I can tell, only one episode is edited. Every episode runs 25 minutes but one runs 21 minutes. The shortened episode is 'Fonzie's New Friend' and, even though I dont know the episodes inside and out like some people might, I did notice one huge edit and was wondering what was taken out of said episode.

It is the scene at Arnold's drive-in when Fonzie introduces the new drummer for Richie's band. At the end of the scene Ralph Malph says "I love watermelon" and then the cut QUICKLY jumps to Richie in mid-hysterics talking to Fonzie in the restroom. So what was taken out? It's pretty obvious something was taken out. What else is missing from that episode?

Again, every episode runs 25 minutes except for this one. It's too bad this is not mentioned on the back of the DVD cover(the music issue is, but not the film edits).

Posted on Nov 5, 2013 3:32:00 AM PST
Breather says:
I know in the original version, after the mention of watermelon, they cut to Stick's face and he rolls his eyes and makes an exasperated look. Something else is said that I can't recall. The syndicated episodes on TV Land and Nick at Nite don't cut that scene. Also, the DVD is missing the tag scene for this episode, which usually shows in reruns. It is back at the Cunningham house and Fonzie does the limbo. They really butchered this episode. When you think of what was left in, the edits don't seem to be for the cancer that is political correctness.

The Hub Network will be airing this episode next Monday night. I'll record it and see if the missing scenes are there.

There are at least three other episodes on this set that are edited.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  Apr 23, 2008
Latest post:  Nov 5, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Happy Days: Season 3
Happy Days: Season 3 by Ron Howard (DVD - 2007)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (54)