If I have 2008 quicken, will the new 2013 be compatible and receive all my exisiting data?
asked by Brenda on July 15, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 answers
A
I had 2004 version of quicken and I was able to restore all my past data. Hopefully you did a backup of the data before installing 2013. The backup is needed to do the restore.
lubo answered on July 15, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Hi Brenda. As mentioned in my post, I'm a dinosaur when it comes to software. In my case, I was going from Q2000 in Windows XP to a new Windows 7 computer. To retain my original files I had to first download Q2004 to both computers, do the transfer, and then download Q2013. So, by inference, you shouldn't have a problem making the leap to Q2013 from Q2008. The one caveat, which I didn't realize until I read a few of the Amazon reviews, was that by ordering the Q2103 Starter version I may have complicated the transfer of historical files. I don't know this for certain but one Amazon reviewer suggested the transfer of existing data works best if you purchase the Q2013 Deluxe version. Hope this helps. Good luck.
Douglas S. Burhyte answered on July 15, 2013

A
I would assume that one edition should be able to read the data from another. But I do not know for sure. When I installed it for my brother I started from scratch.

Peter
Peter answered on July 15, 2013

A
No and I say this regarding other reviews where customers had this same issue
Jacqueline Rogers answered on July 15, 2013

A
Should be no issue ... my upgrade from 2009 to 2013 was very seamless. The upgrade program recognized the Quicken file, pulled in my data and converted to a 2013 file with no issues. Be sure to back-up your file first.
Cyril Roethlisberg answered on July 15, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›