5.0 out of 5 stars Huge improvement compared to the rest

3.0 out of 5 stars T-Pain gone Pop
Published on December 17, 2011 by fresh

5.0 out of 5 stars Huge improvement compared to the rest, December 28, 2011
This review is from: rEVOLVEr (Audio CD)
I've got to give it to T-Pain. This is the first CD he's completed that I didn't just want to listen to the singles. I let this entire CD ride out for two days straight and plan to buy it after listening to a full preview of it. "Bang Bang Pow Pow" gets folks off the wall at parties (and the more arrogant dudes swagging it out thinking of the money they probably don't have). "Bottlez" gets heads nodding and would be useful in bars and clubs. "It's Not You (It's Me)" reminds me of a will.i.am track. It's not my favorite track, but I don't recall ever wanting to dance fast to a breakup song before, and Pitbull rapping could have something to do with that.

"Default Picture" is a sign of the times. Not only is it a cute song. Somebody out there is getting their crush on while tweeting, and this could easily be based on a true story. The man even pouted about not seeing "mentions" and should he "unfollow" her.

I've listened to "5 o' clock" just about every morning for the past couple months and still am not tired of that song. It's laid-back, bluesy and kinda sexy in a committed relationship kinda way. "Sho Time" is another couples (or booty call) track. This one will probably get some play "to GET some play." "Rock Bottom" is what happens as a result of "Sho Time." I like Chris Brown and T-Pain as a team on "Look at Her Go" although "Kiss Kiss" is still my favorite of theirs. Somebody is going to be popping to this one. (Side note: What I love about T-Pain is he's not afraid to dance, just like Chris Brown. Both of them could clear a dance floor and just snap. I've seen him perform live, and I stood up through his entire performance because he has that much live energy.)

"Drowning Again" threw me off because I was ready for his Auto-Tune, and he took it a different route with this one. I'm not mad at this song.

I don't think any woman wants to be called "regular," but I got where T-Pain was going with "Regular Girl" plus the "Friday" line was amusing. The rest of the songs were cool. I'm always excited to hear anything with Ne-Yo in it so "Turn All the Lights On" outshined almost all of the last few. The song isn't that great, but Ne-Yo is! That is, until I got to "Nuthin'." T-Pain flipped out on that one and came extra hard. This song reminded me of the energy of "Church," and I LOVE "Church." The beat is crazy. I could do without the b-word, but if I block it out, I could probably dance to this one.

Cons: "Mix'd Girl" is extra random. Biracial girls may really enjoy this one, but it comes off as an odd theme. "I Don't Give a ----" sounds extra bitter. It's not that I don't like the song, but it just doesn't make sense to say "all I do is win" when the lady he's rapping about sounds like she's making him lose. Something just seems creepy to me whenever R. Kelly sings these days so I couldn't totally get into "Center of the Stage." It's an OK song though.

Note: The Deluxe edition has three more songs than the original version. I made the mistake of buying the one without "Nuthin'" and I liked that song so I'm slightly disappointed. However, paying $1.29 for a single and not paying for the other two songs ("Center of the Stage" with R. Kelly and the other with "Regular Girl"), is just fine with me.

5.0 out of 5 stars T-Pain Returns, December 17, 2011
T-pain has been gone from the music scene for awhile now and his Revolver album has been pushed back more times than Jeezy's TM 103. T-Pain has finally managed to deliver his Revolver album and it's truly worth the wait. Yes it's still soaked in auto tune but if you like T-Pain you pretty much know what to expect. The music is still as catchy as it was back on Three Rings and this is for sure the best album from T-Pain so far. His music seems a bit more mature this time around. Favorite songs are Sho-Time, Rock Bottom, Mix'd Girl and Center of the stage.

5.0 out of 5 stars HOT !!!!! HOT !!!!! HOT !!!!, March 7, 2014
Because T-Pain Is Hot & He Gives U Tha Best Of Both World R&B & Hip Hop. You Can't Go Wrong With That

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, January 21, 2014
I got this cd for my son and he loved it. a must have and it is easy to listen too.

5.0 out of 5 stars bumpin', September 18, 2013
great beats in this album. the last song is uncharacteristic, which is a plus. the released singles were great and a few others are sure to please.

5.0 out of 5 stars This CD is Awesome!, February 27, 2012
This review is from: rEVOLVEr (Audio CD)
I received this CD in about 2 weeks in the mail, which was fine because the price I paid was Awesome! It is a Great CD and I would recommend ordering items from this person again!

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice tpain style, thought a bit pop, January 29, 2012
Marcial V. (Houston, TX USA) - See all my reviews
I thought i was going to hear more rap, but there were couple of pop/slow songs, which are fine but i expected it to be more agressive. Overall I like it but I need to hear it more to figure it out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Album, January 23, 2012
This review is from: rEVOLVEr (Audio CD)
This is a really great album, and the price was great. T-Pain is very universal and his music is wonderful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Album; Variety for sure, December 27, 2011
I love the new album. I do wish that there would of been more rapping on the album but all in all it was a great album that will appeal to all audiences.

3.0 out of 5 stars T-Pain gone Pop, December 17, 2011
The new T-Pain "rEVLOVEr" is straight...it's more like a palpable pop album then it is R&B or Rap. He should have warned us first. But I still recommend it. One thing I am not happy about though is that the track list is jacked up if you have the deluxe edition 0_o the same may be true for the regular release. Also disappointed that there are a few songs that we love from T-Pain that were not included like "Booty Work"

rEVOLVEr
rEVOLVEr by T-Pain (Audio CD - 2011)
Rate and Discover Movies