|Item Weight||0.3 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||6.1 x 4.3 x 1.7 inches|
|Item model number||1900182|
|Number of Items||1|
|Manufacturer Part Number||1900182|
rOtring 800+ Mechanical Pencil and Touchscreen Stylus, 0.7 mm, Black Barrel
|Price:||$65.95 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$28.55 (30%)|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Premium hybrid mechanical pencil + stylus, combines both modes at the same end with a unique retractable mechanism.
- Precision stylus tip provides high accuracy, control and speed, making this the perfect tool for going from paper to screens or graphics tablets.
- Hexagonal barrel ensuring fatigue-free writing and drawing & shaped to prevent the tool from sliding when laid down on tables
- Refillable penci comes lloaded with a high-polymer HB lead and a built-in eraser under the push button cap.
- Limited warranty: guaranteed for 2 years from original purchase date against defects in materials or workmanship.
- Premium hybrid mechanical pencil + stylus, combining both modes at the same end with a unique retractable mechanism
- Precision stylus tip for high accuracy, control and speed
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Since its founding in 1928 among the modernist thinkers of Germany, rOtring has dazzled the technical writing world with products that unite art and industry, creativity and exactitude. Drawing inspiration from Bauhaus thinking and aesthetics, rOtring products are designed for technical precision and functionality with an eye for minimalist form, so you can focus on what matters: getting your work done right. Whether in architects’ offices, universities, schools or artists’ studios, rOtring products enable you to transform your long hours of work and years of use into real ideas that stand out on the page.
rOtring 800+ Mechanical Pencil + Stylus
A hybrid design for precision
The rOtring 800+ is a premium mechanical pencil + stylus hybrid that combines both modes at the same end with a unique retractable mechanism. It’s the ideal technical writing instrument for all sketching, writing, drawing and touchscreen applications. Featuring an ergonomically enhanced full metal body, the 800+ offers an ideal weight balance and a comfortable non-slip knurled grip, so you can work for long periods without experiencing discomfort or fatigue. The precision stylus tip glides smoothly across all capacitive touchscreens and provides high accuracy, control and speed as you work. With the “Twist and Click” retractable mechanism of the entire sleeve and lead, the rOtring 800+ Mechanical Pencil + Stylus hybrid is pocket safe and extra durable.
- Unique hybrid mechanical pencil and stylus writing instrument
- Ergonomic metal barrel with “twist and click” retractable mechanism
- Available in .5mm and .7mm in black or silver finishes
Precision Stylus Tip
For all your writing and drawing touchscreen applications, the soft tip of the rOtring 800+ glides smoothly for high accuracy, control and speed. No matter what angle you write at, the stylus tip is 100% effective. Compatible with all capacitive touchscreens.
Ergonomic Metal Barrel
Achieving an ideal balance of weight and feeling, the rOtring 800+ features an ergonomically enhanced full metal body and comfortable non-slip knurled grip to fit perfectly in your hand for long periods of time and ensure fatigue-free writing and drawing.
"Twist and Click" Retraction
The rOtring 800 sports a unique “Twist and Click” retractable mechanism that covers the entire sleeve and lead. With this smart, quick action, the 800+ is completely pocket safe and holds up better over time.
rOtring Pencil Technology
We focus on precision, so you can focus on your work. The rOtring 800+ features precision lead advancement with a fixed lead guidance sleeve to prevent breakage. With an unimpeded view of the page, you can execute precise ruler-based drawings.
Compare to Similar Items
This item: rOtring 800+ Mechanical Pencil and Touchscreen Stylus, 0.7 mm, Black Barrel
Rotring 800 Mechanical Pencil 0.7Mm Black B00JEV9RXC
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Etailz||ALPHA JAPAN|
|Color||Black Barrel||Black Body||Black Barrel||black|
|Dimensions||1.69 inches x 6.14 inches x 4.33 inches||0.31 inches x 5.55 inches x 0.31 inches||6.1 inches x 6.69 inches x 1.1 inches||2 inches x 9 inches x 5 inches|
|Item Package Weight||0.02 pounds||0.04 pounds||0.1 pounds||0.13 pounds|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Top Customer Reviews
The mechanism problems that were apparent in the 800 model were fixed in the 800+ model, much to my delight. The mechanism extends and retracts the pencil much more smoothly than the last model and has not showed any signs of jamming from using the mechanism. It is extremely useful if you don't want to damage the tip from dropping it on the ground (which I do more than I should), or to prevent it from making holes in your shirt pockets.
The text which says "800+ | 0.5 mm" is slightly bigger than on the 800 model and of a different font (Helvetica / Arial maybe?). Not sure how I feel about that; the original slanted squarish font felt more industrial and sleek, but those are minor details.
The build quality is as I would expect from rotring: it's an absolute joy to hold and perfect for long writing sessions or drawing. The texture on the grip, the metal hexagon, and the red ring shows the industrial design language of rotring very well and makes long sessions of note-taking so much more interesting. (Using the original 800 was one of the reasons I got through English class without being bored to death.)
The touchscreen tip works well with my iPad but I have not yet tested it for long periods of use so I cannot give a complete analysis on that.
Edit: Upon further use, the stylus is, as the other reviewer already said, a bit unwieldy. The grip is a bit low for a stylus, the response is somewhat inaccurate, and it sometimes sticks to the screen. In the end, the stylus is interesting to play with for a while, but impractical for conventional use.Read more ›
You can insert a normal stainless-steel needle(<0.7mm) reversely into this pencil, and burnish the lead holder reciprocatingly in a half-clutch mode for 2 min.
That will make the stress around the lead more even, so it will not break at the high-stress point any more.
Wish could help you out!
I consider this a product defect and plan to try to return it.
It's unfortunate, because I really like everything else about the pencil.
1) the lead breaks constantly about half an inch inside of the mechanism. I haven't gotten through a whole piece of lead yet. This issue alone makes the pencil close to worthless, since it would be better to use a 50 cent plastic cheepie than have to deal with constant lead breakage.
2) The stylus is extraordinarily weak. It's just strong enough to use on my Nokia Lumia (set to high sensitivity). Because of this, it's less convenient than just using a finger. Oh well... :(
3) The whole thing has a loose feeling. It's as if it's built with super high tolerances. If that's how it's manufactured, then what did I pay all that money for?
There's no way this pencil is worth the money they're asking. Get a graphgear 1000 or something similar to that. You'll be WAY happier. Heck, get SIX of them for what this thing cost.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great pencil! Has a very nice weight and feel to it. The mechanism is very smooth, and the stylus works well.Published 3 months ago by Jeffrey Chase
This pencil has an uphill battle to fight: When you set the price absurdly high, you have to deliver to absurdly high standards. Rotring missed the memo. Read morePublished 3 months ago by D. A. Holman
One of the best pencils I've ever used. As an engineer, i write with my hands a-lot, this pencil is pleasing. I have it with me everyday, it's the only one I need. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Santiago Barocio
The rOtring 800+ didn't make it through it's very first use before jamming somewhere internally. What a piece of junk. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Jeffrey Meno
Fantastic pencil and stylus. I pack it up all the time and the rotating mechanism has never degraded. Read morePublished 6 months ago by Lizzie Lou