the radio will play it in the car colorado?
asked by A. Gajdur on February 24, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 answers
A
Can you be more specific? Are you taking about the state or the Chevy Colorado?
...ratings... answered on February 24, 2013
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
If you are asking whether this will work in a Chevy Colorado, the answer is yes. Just double check that you've got a single DIN slot available or have a DIN adaptor kit for it to mount to. Electronically a Colorado should have everything you need. You also need the harness for that particular vehicle.
Amazon Customer answered on February 25, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Interesting question since the OnStar module causes some complications if you opt for the standard wiring harness adapter. I didn't feel like shelling out an additional $120 for an OnStar-friendly adapter myself. Solutions? I myself tapped into one of the 12v charger outlet (a t-tap or butt crimp is a simple solution and allows retention on the 12v charger outlet) and using coated quick-connect for the live 12v and the 12v connection on the unit itself, was able to power the unit. The downside? Since the 12v charger outlets are operable even with the vehicle off, it does not automatically power off the unit when you lock and leave the vehicle. Not a deal breaker especially if you remove the faceplate everytime like I do for security reasons. You also lose those annoying doorchimes - again, not a big deal especially if you find them annoying in the first place. It's up to you though, if you fancy yourself a DIYer and don't mind modifying a bit, it's a cost-effective way to save yourself about a hundred dollars.
GlideOn answered on April 14, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product