Can you read books on Fire in landscape mode or just portrait? I can see childrens books in landscape but not adult books. I know Nook Color only will let you read adult books in portrait mode but I prefer landscape. Anyone know about Fire?
asked by Elizabeth Wilson on October 2, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 answers
A
Doubt anyone knows, since it is not in the product description. Assuming you can in a Kindle and that the Fire can be used in landscape mode, I'd say the answer is yes, but keep in mind I am only guessing. Your best bet is to wait till the Fire is released and see if someone answers the question then.
Pines answered on October 17, 2011
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
According to the B&N website (which compares the Nook to the Fire) yes.
Stain answered on November 7, 2011
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
It adjusts to whichever way you are holding it. It can be locked into one position or the other too.
J. Golden answered on November 18, 2011
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I locked mine into the portrait position. It will move back and forth between the two positions when you angle it slightly one way or the other. I tried reading it in bed before I locked it and it was rather annoying because it kept switching when I angled it just a little to the left or right. It is great once it is locked.
Karen answered on December 15, 2011
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I can read adult books on my Fire regardless of landscape or portrait orientation.
Michael answered on January 12, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product