I read 2 and 7. OK that I missed the rest. (3500 pages?)

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 5, 2008 10:11:37 AM PDT
Rekz kaRZ says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 2, 2008 12:48:58 PM PDT
J. Cochran says:
If you didn't read books 1 & 3-6, how can you say "they are not very good?" Having read the entire series several times, I'd say #3 is my favorite.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2008 5:32:27 PM PST
I think you miss a great deal of character development that is crucial to actually developing a sense of familiarity with the characters. Depending on how you felt about the ending, you may have either saved yourself more disappointment by not reading the other 3500 pages, but if you liked the ending, you probably kept yourself from feeling the closure that I came to feel once the characters' fates had been set by the ending.

This is the first series of books that I have ever read completely, and I must say that I enjoyed every bit of it.

Posted on May 8, 2009 3:28:04 AM PDT
I loved 1-3
I loved 4, for different reasons
5,6 and a big part of 7 I found disappointing...

I'd try to get my hands on the beginning of the series. I also preferred the un-reedited version of the first book in the series over its rewrite, so if you can find that pre-owned go for it.

Posted on Jun 4, 2009 3:52:20 PM PDT
Susannah-Mia says:
I agree with Cochran's assessment.
Book 4 was my favorite ... but then, I'm a girl.

Posted on Jan 24, 2011 8:23:23 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 24, 2011 8:24:06 PM PST
driab says:
I was seriously disappointed with part in #7 where stephen king wrote himself into the story.

Posted on Apr 26, 2012 11:10:19 AM PDT
C. Graber says:
Not reading one caused you to miss the best book of the series, and I mean the original, not the edited 2003 version. The original version of the first book was by far the best. You can literally feel the tension and mystery, and it leaves you gaping and trying to fill in the holes as you speed to the bookstore to buy the second.

Posted on May 17, 2012 5:52:10 PM PDT
You read 2 and 7 only? You would have no idea what's going on at all. That's ridiculous, of course you didn't like them. lol. wow...

In reply to an earlier post on May 23, 2012 1:05:50 PM PDT
scoots says:
King has stated in interviews that he plans on rewriting the entire Dark Tower series (what we have is a "first draft"). He also stated that when this rewrite occurs, he is considering writing himself out of the series.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2013 5:19:03 PM PDT
Harvey says:
That's an extremely interesting proclamation! Could you cite your source?? I'm interested to know how he'd do that - seems like it would make for some drastic plot changes, and a lot of edits - unless he just changes, "Stephen King" to "Richard Bachman" or something similar.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  10
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Aug 5, 2008
Latest post:  Mar 19, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Gunslinger (The Dark Tower, Book 1)
The Gunslinger (The Dark Tower, Book 1) by Stephen King (Audio Cassette - May 1, 1998)
4.1 out of 5 stars   (1,148)