Touch screen? Based on the specs i've been reading on the gadget blogs, i'm led to believe the nex-7 does NOT have a touch screen like the new nex-5n does. has it changed for the production model of the 7?? i really hope so. anyone?
asked by Travis K. Duckworth on September 6, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 13 answers
A
the nex 7 is being advertise to a more advanced photographer , and i for one wish it never gets a touch screen. i make sure none of my cameras never have one , useless option when you could have so many better ones.
TOOBAD 2 answered on October 24, 2011
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Good question I have been wondering the same.
John answered on September 6, 2011
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Touchscreen is so bad i wonder if you have it disabled on your cell phone. Or better off avoiding one that have it.
Gino Litvak answered on May 21, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I used my NEX-5n's touchscreen once when I first got it, then accidentally many times, now it has been disabled ever since. The touchscreen is a pointless feature on the NEX-5N, so I can only imagine it to be even more of a waste on the NEX-7 since there are more controls on it.
Paul_Buys_A_Lot answered on October 24, 2011
Comment (1) | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Anyone worrying about the NEX-7 not having a touch screen should reconsider. The NEX-5n touch screen is absolutely useless and unnecessary. It is actually kind of annoying and I have disabled the touch screen on my wife's NEX-5n. Many times, you will find that you accidentally touch it and it thinks that you want to focus on that particular part of the picture. That is great when you actually want to do that, but when you do it by accident, you have to cancel the feature. Canceling the focus tracking takes forever, so your opportunity to capture a moment may have already past by the time the camera is ready to focus normally.
Paul_Buys_A_Lot answered on October 13, 2011
Comment | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
^ Stupid.
David Wu answered on October 7, 2011
Comment | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Stop spreading False info, the Touchscreen can be turned on/off via settings so it's not a big deal, keep it on when you need it and turn it off when you don't plus when you use the EVF the screen itself turn off automatically to save battery so either way your argument is totally invalid.
Hassan B answered on September 8, 2011
Comment | 1 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
You seriously fail with reading, i know this thread is about NEX 7 not NEX 5n, i never said NEX 5N or NEX 7 in my original post, both NEX 5N and NEX 7 function the same way according to previews online (When your eyes at the sensor the screen does turn off) i don't need to own an EVF to know this it's not rocket science even then i have tried the EVF but don't own one yet, when i mentioned NEX 5N is my second post it was a reply to your nonsense saying that i don't know NEX 5N don't have integrated electronic viewfinder which again i never said or claim, So yes kid stop doing drugs or something it's effecting your mind apparently.

Shortcut : NEX 7 don't have a touchscreen only the NEX 5N does however when you use the EVF the screen does turn off automatically at both cameras, case closed.
Hassan B answered on September 9, 2011
Comment | 0 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I am sorry, but you must have mistaken this thread for the NEX-5n. This is about the NEX-7 and not the NEX-5n. Please read the product description above. My comment about accidentally bumping the screen has nothing to do with the NEX-5n at all. So that is great if the EEVF for the NEX-5n turns off automatically...oh wait a second, the new external viewfind may have started shipping from sony's website yesterday. So...that would mean you dont have that yet to even talk about it like you are. That doesn't surprise me though.
Paul_Buys_A_Lot answered on September 9, 2011

A
Where did i say the NEX 5N have integrated electronic viewfinder? learn to read i said EVF only, when you use the EXTERNAL EVF there is a sensor on it that will automatically turn off the screen to save battery, stop speaking as if you have any idea what you are talking about.
Hassan B answered on September 9, 2011
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product