Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 25, 2012 5:29:27 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 25, 2012 5:32:08 AM PST
Vincent VPK says:
So, the Senator is against "regulation'? Doesn't like the idea that chemistry and physics will put a limit on our "freedom" of action.
To claim it is a "hoax" and have 97% of the climate science community have a consensus is absurd to say the least. After reading his book, pick up a copy of Michael Mann's new book, "The Hockey Stick and the Climate Wars: Dispatches from the Front Lines". He has a great quote in it about all this being a "hoax".

In reply to an earlier post on May 26, 2012 11:20:04 AM PDT
Unhappily, chemistry and physics don't have much to do with the Global Warming Hoax. It's all about politics, expressing itself through the pseudo-science of paleoclimatology.

In reply to an earlier post on May 26, 2012 5:00:23 PM PDT
Vincent VPK says:
Teddy, chemistry? explain ocean acidification for us then? Physics...explain for us how our planet maintains heat?
I agree about the politics, it has been corrupted by monies from the fossil fuel industry that has the "Senator" in their pocket.

In reply to an earlier post on May 26, 2012 7:49:38 PM PDT
An interesting strategy George; you set out some general questions, answerable only by writing you a short book, from which you deduce totally unrelated conclusions. It's called a "straw dog". Then you leap to an ad hominem conclusion about corrupt monies from the fossil fuel industry. I suppose you also believe that this corrupt industry bought up the wonderful patents on alternative fuel cars so many years ago and that caused today's problems.

Let me ask you a question: Given that the industrial revolution, and all the benefits that flowed out of this, for all mankind, flowed from the development of every more inexpensive fossil fuel energy, how will we survive a scaling back of this set of innovations? Will you ride your bicycle to work? (what job?) Will we have the re-invigoration of the buggy whip industry as we return to the horse as our principal form of energy?

Nonsense begets nonsense!

In reply to an earlier post on May 26, 2012 7:59:41 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 26, 2012 8:07:10 PM PDT
Vincent VPK says:
Typical "debater", EVADE THE QUESTION AND GO OFF ON A TANGENT!
To answer the first, Ocean acidification: the ocean waters are absorbing @ half of the Co2 humans are adding to the atmosphere, where it converts to carbonic acid, thus lowers the ph value. Would you care to finish the last sentence about it, or should I spoon feed you some more?

Posted on May 27, 2012 11:49:08 AM PDT
Very funny; my wife is (actually was since she is now retired) a biologist who specializes in the biology of large bodies of water. You are alone in your view that human activity leads to the acidification of the oceans. Of much greater concern is the pollution of the oceans which adds junk as well as acidic content. I really don't need your spoon feeding Georgie, you are really not smart enough to bother with!

Posted on May 27, 2012 1:53:41 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 27, 2012 2:05:58 PM PDT
Vincent VPK says:
Really, you are married? That is very funny! Ted Zaharchuk, tell Mrs. Zaharchuk she has been retired too long and needs to keep abreast in her field. More likely, your whole rant is bogus and it is obvious you are a paid troll. I've read enough of comments like yours to recognize "junk".

In reply to an earlier post on May 27, 2012 5:47:33 PM PDT
It is the "stuff of fools" to attack one who disagrees with you as a "paid troll". If you would like to leave this discussion with such a dumb remark, that's fine with me. On the other hand, do you have any citation, to a book or article that claims the acidification of the oceans is caused by global warming, or CO2, please give me the reference so that I can edify myself? Of, if you can help me understand how the planet retains heat, not just through the "greenhouse effect" but through the multitude of other factors, please edify me. Of else, just go back to the henhouse and cluck with the chickens!

In reply to an earlier post on May 27, 2012 7:57:46 PM PDT
Vincent VPK says:
Please, give you reading material? Like that would really do any good. You already discredited yourself with your first post. I'm done playing with you and dabble with your "retired" wife...ha!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Feb 25, 2012
Latest post:  May 27, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Greatest Hoax: How the Global Warming Conspiracy Threatens Your Future
The Greatest Hoax: How the Global Warming Conspiracy Threatens Your Future by James M. Inhofe (Hardcover - February 28, 2012)
2.6 out of 5 stars   (171)