Do you really think God talks to people? Before I wrote my book, "The Enlightenment, What God Told Me After One Million Prayers: A Message For Everyone " I had always wanted to do something for Jesus. I prayed a lot in my life and at one point I decided that I was going to devote one million prayers to God in Jesus' name. It took me 15 years to complete this task. After I completed my devotion of one million prayers, I asked God one simple question, "Exactly who is this One that I have said all these prayers to?" I really never expected an actual answer from God Himself. Quietly, I felt enveloped by something infinitely tremendous. I felt the Knowledge and Presence of the universe come upon me. What God told me during this "Enlightenment" was so beautiful and so wonderful that I wanted to share it with everyone. That was the catalyst to my book entitled "The Enlightenment" I guess God can speak to people in many different ways. Does anyone think that God has spoken to them in some way? "The Enlightenment, What God Told Me After One Million Prayers: A Message for Everyone
asked by John H. Eagan on December 26, 2008
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 18 answers
A
/

John H. Eagan

What is at issue is not the question concerning whether or not God talks to people. The issue is your shameless self promotion, in which you type out the title of your book four times in your brief statement.

Moreover, you indicated in your statement that you wanted to "share" the information with people, which is a mischaracterization of actual events.

In fact, you wanted to SELL the information to people.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You also offered a five sentence review of John & Stasi Eldredge's New Age book "CAPTIVATING". Not only were you SCHILLING your book in that vaccuous review, you neglected to identify that the authors deny that The Father sent Jesus Christ the Messiah, and in which they claim that Eve was created as a GOD, and that the creation of Eve was God's FINAL ACT.

In a four sentence review of another New Age book, "Wild At Heart" by author John Eldredge, you proposed:

"Eldredge also wants men to reexamine their presumptions about who God is."------- sentence 4, paragraph 1, of a 4 sentence review of John H. Eagan, Author

Not only are you identifying that the PRESUMPTIONS about who God is, as being an unChristian advocacy, your reviews lack the theological or philosophical depth to even address the Ontological Question to any sensible degree.

It is again an issue in which advocates for New Age doctrines engage in ordinary spin doctoring, when in fact, you haven't the power of philosophical insight regarding a proposition for the identity of God.

In fact, in your review of "THE SECRET" you wrote:

"This book, "The Secret," tries to help the reader tap into the hidden power within."--------sentence 1, review of "The Secret" by John H. Eagan December 26, 2008

At no point in your review (or your other reviewing) do you indicate the identity of "the hidden power" nor do you clarify what you mean by the specification, HIDDEN. Every Christian knows that Jesus Christ is the "way, the truth, and the life". He isn't hidden. There certainly is no other power.

Moreover, your SECRET review has confused the proposal for a LAW OF ATTRACTION with a proposition for the POWER OF POSITIVE THINKING. That confusion is worth some serious address. Your reviews show evidence of confused endorsements for the ideas of New Age doctrines, Atheism, Catholicism, and all manner of ideas whose philosophical and theological assumptives are not common, nor logically consistent with each other.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

In fact, a brief survey indicates that you review a great number of New Age books with four and five sentence reviews. In point of fact, if you cannot compose more than four or five sentence reviews of any book, I guarantee I would never be interested in anything you have to write, because arguably, you cannot think, let alone discuss any proposition in sufficient depth.

The fact that author John Eldredge specifically denies that Jesus Christ is "one" with the Father, in accordance with Christian tradition, demonstrates that you haven't a clue concerning which theological or philosophical proposition you are either reviewing or endorsing.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

In a review for "The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe" by author C. S. Lewis, you wrote:

"The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (The Chronicles of Narnia) by C. S. Lewis. I think it stayed very close to the original story."-----sentences 1 & 2, review of John H. Eagan on March 13, 2009

One can only wonder at your meaning, because this book is the "original story".

By all appearances, your frequent endorsement of New Age writings has had the result of establishing a strong tendency toward irrationality in your thinking. This was also a four sentence review.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

In spite of your reviews for such books as the Catechism of the Catholic Church, you rated popular Atheist Richard Dawkins' "The God Delusion" at four stars. The reason? This was in your title and the review itself. Your review title is:

"Excellent literary writing"----from the review title by John H. Eagan, December 30, 2008

In regard to your postulate for "literary writing" a thinking person would have to ask; "What other kind of WRITING is there?"
Bruce Bain answered on March 25, 2009
Comment | 6 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes he does.. he says "Go forth and start discussion groups conversations about your book, then people will say 'Hey! I have to read that book', but people don't like to be marketted to in discussion groups, so sorry son, you'll have to find another way. Good Luck.. try the Satanic Worship group.. they may read it to demonstrate how those good Christians use God in capitalism."
Rolio answered on March 13, 2009
Comment | 4 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Wow! Scathing review of John Eagan, but appropos for his "shameless self promotion". Well done.
Rolio answered on March 25, 2009
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
What is God?
Chryse Wymer answered on June 26, 2010
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
L. Melito, that ambiguity, to me, is a good indication that there probably is no god at least one that resembles any of the gods humans worship.

As for god talking to me, I hear the inner voice, it sounds like me. It's my own mind. Its called thinking.
bookboy answered on August 20, 2010
Comment | 2 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Perhaps God does speak to some, but often the answer is "NO"
ken fogelman answered on January 8, 2009
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Perhaps you are asking the wrong questions.
Jeremy E. Schobeloch answered on March 13, 2009

A
On the basis of my own experience, God wants to talk WITH us, not TO us. God loves us and wants a very real relationship with us. Just as you want to talk with your children and spouse, so God wants to talk with us and not to us. Prayer does not consist of going into church, kneeling down, giving gifts, etc. The Apostle's creed may be good for the Apostles, but is not something we need to say. We need to converse.

What is needed is simply a direct communication of thanks, requests for guidance (his/her opinion) and requests. There is no right and wrong language. Tell God about your ups and downs. Tell him about your concerns and your happiness. Just as in any other relationship, the more you communicate the more you build up your relationship - the less you communicate, your relationship suffers.
Go talk with God and God will answer.
Wayne Fogel answered on March 21, 2009
Comment | 3 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Perhaps nothing is as it seems. Recommended reading: "Disappearance of the Universe" by Gary Renard.
Rolio answered on August 10, 2010

A
I had lost my job one day. I did not know what I was going to do without a
job, how was I going to pay my bills, rent, etc... So, I decided to pull over on my way home from last day of
work an pray. I sat in my car and tried to figure out what I was going to do without a job an prayed intensely.
At the end of my prayer, I asked God to show me a sign if he heard me.

Later that evening as I was laying on the couch watching television. I had a large thick glass coffee table
with a couple of magazines on it. All of a sudden the large glass top burst into a million pieces. It was so loud
it made me jumped up. As it scattered all over my tile floor, I knew right then an there. That was the sign
I had asked for.
Ferrari freak..laptop geek answered on May 17, 2012
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product