Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 91 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 14, 2011 3:15:01 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Jun 14, 2011 5:52:14 PM PDT
G. Haber says:
Bungie isn't involved in Halo anymore.

Posted on Jun 15, 2011 8:31:01 AM PDT
Sad Clown says:
They sure are milking Halo. When this comes out, I will just stick to my original plan of playing Final Fantasy XIII-2 and ignore Halo 4.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2011 8:39:49 AM PDT
RHS says:
It's funny that you said that they are milking the Halo franchise because it is on is fourth game (seven if you count ODST, wars, and reach), but you are looking forward to Final Fantasy 13 version 2. Haha

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2011 10:38:32 AM PDT
Jeremy says:
LOL true

Posted on Jun 15, 2011 11:54:01 AM PDT
lol People don't know what milking is. We are getting new games. Sony's HD collections is milking. Same old games in higher resolution. Little to no effort to make a quick buck.

Posted on Jun 15, 2011 2:01:45 PM PDT
Nicky B says:
@Sennan Otungo, so true! Master Chief's story stopped in 2007, and by the time this comes out it will be 5 years since we last dove into his world. Halo is a universe, and that's where the other games came in. Apparently, these other posts don't realize this.

Posted on Jun 15, 2011 8:42:28 PM PDT
Sorry, Halo ain't reach the milking point yet. Halo anniversary isn't just some hd remake with just hd textures and slightly better resolution, halo anniversary is a completely remastered remake with full-on current gen visuals akin to halo reach. And Halo 4 is a new game in the series. And I have yet to see a poorly scored halo game which are all signs that halo games still carry the same amount of quality as the previous one and these games actually have great innovation in them such as forge, theater, etc.

Posted on Jun 16, 2011 8:58:09 AM PDT
Papa Smurf says:
You may think that the HD remakes are milking, but its what a majority of people want. Who wouldn't want HD remakes of some of the greatest PS2 games?

Posted on Jun 16, 2011 9:12:02 AM PDT
CEB says:
Milking is all the DLC they want you to purchase to play the game. Remember in H3 when you had to have most of the DLC to play in the ranked playlist. I do not mind paying for DLC but when they are $10 and come out every time you turn around it gets a little annoying. H3 turned into a $100 game.

Posted on Jun 17, 2011 5:54:41 AM PDT
Zach says:
Why would you NOT want another Halo game. The only game that I didn't like was ODST. Halo 4 is being made by 343 Industries, and not Bungie. So it's going to be a different game, graphics/weapons/armor/etc. Halo 2 came out 3 years after the first Halo. I remember growing up playing Halo, spending my whole summer playing Halo. Halo isn't old or isn't milking it.

Posted on Jun 17, 2011 7:34:29 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 17, 2011 7:38:06 AM PDT
It Doesn't bother me seeing a New Halo game, especially one made by another Microsoft studio (Bungie was never owned by Microsoft, hence the ability to break off on their own). We already have one mediocre halo (and where was our Covenant Campaign), so why not another? What bothers me is seeing gamers (more like fanboys) thinking it's going to be great just because Master Chief is it. That is Milking it. MasterChef's campaign is long over with, and he's now on IronChef. Halo Reach already tied it together and,without any spoilers, opens up Halo's Combat Involved campaign. I mean, what are they going to do now? Draw sources from Halo Fanfictions (personally love the one where he removes his helmet and it's actually Chunk Norris underneath)?

If they made another Halo based off a different Spartan or Convenant backstory, I'll be fine with it. But using MasterChief over again is just Milking it to the core. Halo's Universe does not Revolve around him, he was just the one who introduced it to us. Same concept as Luke Skywalker, Indianna Jones, and Hannah Montanner.

Posted on Jun 17, 2011 8:26:19 AM PDT
Jplusl says:
People are ignorant i swear. Most people don't seem to know what milking games are, like my buddies who play Call of Duty for a living tell me "wow halo 4? they're milking it". That's the definition of ignorant right there. Hell even Mario games have new game features in them.

COD games to me seem to be what milking a franchise is. They come out with a new one every year and it is the same thing with a different title. Modern warfare 3 literally looked like modern warfare 2.5. And to top it off they are making a service with a fee to do things you can normally do in another game absolutely free.

Posted on Jun 17, 2011 9:04:19 AM PDT
All your bacon are belong to us!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2011 10:59:19 AM PDT
Actually, this game won't be that much different (which isn't a bad thing). 343 Studios was created and run by the Halo team. So it's the same people working on the game.

Posted on Jun 17, 2011 2:37:47 PM PDT
Halo 4 had to come out, It was a mysterious ending that completely left us speechless wanting us to know more.
We had to know what the conclusion of it, the Halo story coudn't just stop right there. But there not milking it right now.
I thought ALOT of the people were excited about this. 343 Is not just some random-chosen developer like Treyarch for COD, but this is created by Microsoft for HALO, 343 had made incredible Halo stuff that was awesome. Like; Halo Waypoint, Halo Encyclopedia,
And other really good Halo books (like the new forerunner saga), Halo: Anniversary won't even show the true work of there Halo skills. Halo 4 will, they even said that there trying to make Halo, Halo. And not going to far just for money like Activition.
Do your research.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 18, 2011 1:40:28 PM PDT
Josh says:
The same old stuff on COD will still be the same dude, you can just pay for more extra features.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 18, 2011 8:07:16 PM PDT
Jplusl says:
ya the same things most games give you for free...

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 18, 2011 8:49:34 PM PDT
J D says:
343 Industries is NOT made of Bungie employees. They might have helped open the studio and given Microsoft Employees advice and a "map" to follow so to speak, but it is a different crew.

Posted on Jun 19, 2011 3:01:57 AM PDT
N. Faling says:
Did people not recognize what Sad Clown was doing then?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2011 11:08:33 AM PDT
Yes, it is. It is made up of the people of the Halo team that used to be at Bungie.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2011 4:44:35 AM PDT
Quinton says:
Halo CE won't be using the Reach engine, and it IS only a res update with a few added textures and (of course) multiplayer maps.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2011 12:15:08 PM PDT
Kendra Smith says:
I second what someone else here said. I barely touch my PS2 anymore because it's slowly reaching the end of its life (not reading discs nearly as well as it used to, for example), and when there were 4 top-notch collections announced (Ico/Shadow, God of War Origins, Silent Hill 2&3, and MGS 2, 3, and Peace Walker) you better believe I sold my old copies. I'll focus on playing other games I have that I haven't had the chance to play yet in the meantime, but when they come out (at below today's normal going rate of $60 for game, and you're getting multiple games no less) I'm definitely picking them up. This isn't milking them, it's upgrading them for a modern audience that missed the previous games which, might I add, can't be played on either most PS3's nor the 360 for their Xbox counterparts. Ico is still a $25+ used game and is really hard to come across and Shadow had occasional framerate issues, whereas having them in their HD modes allows them to have their framerates locked at 30 FPS (which makes sense if you've played the games).

Is this game (Halo 4) milking? Absolutely not. I'm getting a little tired of Halo and Call of Duty becoming cliched icons for the modern generation of gaming, but at least the core Halo games have always been a solid gaming experience to the point that they've been popular enough to become that sort of icon in the first place and, as others have said, isn't like Call of Duty where it seems like every game is the same as the previous one with a different campaign and slightly tweaked multiplayer; every game in the Halo line of games has shown significant changes in gameplay from the previous ones, for better or worse, depending on who you talk to about it. I'll be interested in what comes about with this game as it gets closer to release, that's for sure.

Posted on Jun 21, 2011 4:27:27 AM PDT
strider says:
If it wasn't for Halo, FPS's would not be what they are today.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2011 2:08:46 PM PDT
it won't have the reach engine for the campain. but, 343 industries said that it will be using reache's engine for the multiplayer.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  68
Total posts:  91
Initial post:  Jun 14, 2011
Latest post:  Aug 24, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about