Onkyo TX-NR809 THX Certified 7.2-Channel Network A/V Receiver (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Used & New from: $400.00
can this receive be good match for two JBL PRX425 speakers/600w/each
[UPDATED] asked by Hien N. Dang on December 19, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 answers
A
No I don't think it would be,
Ross C. Okelly answered on December 19, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The quality of Onkyo product has declined appreciably in the last couple of years. I know this from personal experience with my NR909 which required 2 HDMI board replacements within 9 months. From a purely "technical specs" point of view, yes the specicifcations of the receiver and the JBL speakers are well matched.
CGC answered on December 19, 2012

A
1. This AV receiver is made for multiple channels of speakers, and wpc drops with each set you add on. So just on basis of amplifier power the answer is look elsewhere. To get the most out of these speakers you need more power, and if you're only running one channel of speakers you don't need this receiver.
2. As has been pointed out in many many reviews, Onkyo TX-NR xxx series of AV receivers have problems.
Good dad answered on December 19, 2012

A
Maybe for rear channels or height channels, but not for left, right, or center channel. Iffy for side channels
Paul F. Gordon answered on December 19, 2012

A
My receiver has had no problems. They produce about 140 watts. Sounds like your speakers can handle a lot more. Look for a bigger amp!
Cohasset Man answered on December 19, 2012
Comments (2) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product