Customer Discussions > Fable III - Xbox 360 forum

If you received your villager code, please help

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-22 of 22 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 27, 2010 7:08:13 PM PDT
After 3 emails and a chat session, I still don't have my Villager Code for preordering. The first 2 emails said to wait. The third one send me another hammer and tattoo code.

The chat insists that I have to contact Microsoft to get my code, and then didn't tell me how to do so.

If you received the villager code, did you get an email from Microsoft like the chat robot insists, or did you get it from Amazon?

Posted on Oct 27, 2010 7:10:10 PM PDT
Hawkeye says:
My code came from amazon about a week before release. Call amazon directly because the chat robots are not helpful and often wrong.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 28, 2010 5:22:14 AM PDT
Thanks. I figured that had to be the case, because it just didn't make sense.

I haven't had time to call this week, so I eventually sent 7 emails before someone finally knew what they were doing.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 28, 2010 9:42:53 AM PDT
moviewatcher says:
check your emails from amazon. they sent my villager code for preordering within two days. The place you preordered fable III is responsible for sending you your code. you should call the 800 number, the chats and emails are worthless with amazon in my opinion. i have always got positive results calling the toll free number.

Posted on Oct 28, 2010 1:41:13 PM PDT
I finally got the email this morning, but they sent me a code that was already used! Come on! I hate using the p[hone, but it looks like I don't have a choice.

Posted on Oct 28, 2010 8:42:16 PM PDT
Remember ; you still need to go to lionhead and make the villager!! i saw my villager in about the 3rd area of the game (village,town) exactly as i made her ,she wanted as they all do ,to become friends and do another boring quest .And of of course to get guild seals to make your hero stronger or weapons upgraded ,you will do this A Lot. But long story short, i wasn't sure if was going to be male or female,soo,i made my villager Bisexual .she was straight (Wrong again Lionhead) did her quest and have not seen her since..oh well at least the code actually worked ...my female Hero is very pretty by the way,not like the hero in Fable 2..

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 28, 2010 9:11:48 PM PDT
NPeden says:
SAME HERE! I tried to input my code and it said that it was invalid and/or used!

Posted on Oct 29, 2010 2:43:34 PM PDT
i got the invalid response you have to refresh your page and start over and it worked. but on xbox site not lionhead. i think lionhead closed their villager link

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2010 4:08:24 PM PDT
NPeden says:
It still isnt working for me! This Sucks!

Posted on Nov 1, 2010 7:26:23 AM PDT
Koala1356 says:
Make sure you are trying to use your code at the xbox.com/fable3 site, NOT the Lionhead site.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2010 12:44:31 AM PDT
NPeden says:
That's the site that I've been using. Its still not working.

Posted on Nov 3, 2010 9:55:23 PM PDT
Verdandi says:
Got mine from amazon. They did a good job sending out the codes (at least for me).

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2010 9:42:10 AM PDT
T. Connery says:
preordered from Gamestop, they sent me the code after I emailed them 5 days later

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2010 8:32:05 PM PDT
NPeden says:
I got my code from amazon as well, and my stupid code still doesnt work!

Posted on Nov 18, 2010 3:39:51 PM PST
I got a HORRIBLE RUN AROUND from Amazon and am STILL DISSATISFIED. I got a code from Amazon via email, with "bad" instructions on how to use it. They later sent me the correct instructions, with the same code. I went to the site to create the villager, only to learn that my code was INVALID/ALREADY USED. I then called the XBOX folks and spent an hour on hold, only to be told that only AMAZON can give me a proper code. So then, I got on LIVE CHAT with AMAZON, only to be asked for useless information and, after about 45 minutes of back-and-forth, told that they couldn't help me, that I would have to SPEAK with someone from customer service. They had customer service call my house but didn't bother to brief the guy on the issue, so I had to repeat my story, only to be told they couldn't help me for three days. All in all, I was on the computer/phone for over two hours, only to be told, basically, to pound sand, for the time being, anyway. I am NOT a happy camper.

I am beginning to wonder if some worker-thief at Amazon didn't STEAL OUR CODES and sell/give them away to his buddies who didn't pre-order. Why else would the Villager website say the code was NOT VALID/ALREADY USED???

I am REALLY annoyed about this. I pre-ordered just to get the stupid villager, and it looks like I'm not going to be able to enjoy that feature. I think Amazon is handling this BADLY.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2010 3:43:53 PM PST
I called MICROSOFT and they told me to contact AMAZON. Microsoft said that they gave all the codes from the pre-orders to AMAZON to distribute.

I had a similar problem, first they sent me bad instructions, and then they corrected them. But to add insult to injury, AMAZON gave me a code that someone else had already apparently used. I still have NO SATISFACTION and I'm not happy.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2010 3:52:13 PM PST
I am starting to wonder if some disgruntled Amazon worker is handing out our codes to his pals, or selling them? I'm really ticked off--same thing happened to me and I haven't gotten any satisfaction yet--after a couple of hours on the phone with both Microsoft AND Amazon. You'd think, since this has been happening for a few weeks now, it is no surprise to them, and they'd have some sort of Quick Fix in place. I also would love to know what scumbag stole my code--I hope their Villager does some damage to their hard drive!

You'd think they'd be able to track down who stole the codes--if my code is assigned to me, the identified purchaser who can cough up a gamertag as identification on XBOX Live, if anyone else is using my code, well, they either stole it or purchased it from someone who stole it.

Posted on Nov 19, 2010 7:33:08 AM PST
techmannn says:
Katherine I am wondering the same too. I suspect the codes were given away somehow.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2010 11:07:37 AM PST
Yeah. The Amazon code to create a villager said "Invalid" regardless of where I tried it (X-Box or Lionsgate). I tried it on Oct 26th, within a few hours after Amazon Sent it. After a few failed attempts (and no idea who to complain to), I decided it wasn't worth the effort. I got to setup the villager. There weren't many options, so I figured I could live without seeing him in the game. (At least I got to use my credit towards Assassins Creed Brotherhood!)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2010 10:36:55 PM PST
I wrote an email complaint, and was finally given a new code. I've created my villager, now we'll have to see if she ever shows up once I start playing the game! All I can say is, for this much agita, she'd better be a "value added!"

Posted on Dec 1, 2010 5:51:39 AM PST
techmannn says:
last week amazon provided a code that worked after I emailed them

Posted on Dec 1, 2010 6:00:50 PM PST
M. Sycko says:
Yea I went to try it last week and it didnt work for me. Contacted amazon and they were to pass it along to the right source. Supposed to receive an email in 2-3 days. Been 8 days so I emailed them and said I dont care about the code anymore since I beat the game , Just give me $15 refund. A few hours later I get an email saying that my CC will be refunded $15. I thought others might like to know this also.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  13
Total posts:  22
Initial post:  Oct 27, 2010
Latest post:  Dec 1, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Fable III - Xbox 360
Fable III - Xbox 360 by Microsoft (Xbox 360)
3.5 out of 5 stars   (778)