Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Will this receiver fit in my 6.5 inch high cabinet?
The manual says it it 6 inches tall. Does this provide enough ventilation for cooling? How hot does the unit get?
[UPDATED] asked by Simon Chadwick on March 4, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 11 answers
A
It will likely fit, but the general rule is "At minimum" 1" of air space, more is better, ventilated is best. These receivers run warm to the touch.
Daniel C. answered on March 5, 2013
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
needs more room for ventilation ,get a little warm if your cranking it
randall r taplin answered on March 5, 2013
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
it is exactly 6 inches and I measured my shelf and it is 8 inches, but the receiver has feet that are about an inch to give it clearance for cooling. I think it would be fine. I really like this system as it is simple and is perfect for our room. Ann
Ann Jennings answered on March 5, 2013

A
I have never experienced the receiver getting very hot, however, I don't have it enclosed in a shelving unit. I would feel comfortable having it in the 6.5" tall cabinet shelf, being that the top of the receiver is very perforated to allow maximum air flow. Worst case scenario, I recommend asking about the warranty, or extended warranty available.

Also, I have my wifi router, and multiple other smaller components on top of the receiver, and have never had any issues with overheating.
Noam H. answered on March 5, 2013

A
My measurements were a little under 6 inches. So far, the receiver hasn't gotten hot, but I haven't pushed it.
Saosin answered on March 5, 2013

A
Steven L. answered on March 5, 2013
Comments (2) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Mine is on the bottom shelf of an entertainment center. The opening for my receiver is also 6.5 inches leaving 1/2 an inch above the receiver & there are legs underneath for ventilation. The 6 inch height of the receiver includes the legs. The receiver runs warm but not hot. You are ok with 6.5 inches total space but any less would not work as the vents on top would not have enough space.
MICHAEL A HUET answered on March 5, 2013

A
This unit is just under 6 inches tall, the top of the unit is full of venting holes, to the point where you can see the components within, so .5 inches will be more than adequate for ventilation. The unit really doesn't get that hot to begin with, it is very well designed, and the sub has its own power cord so no extra heat from that. I highly recommend this product to you and I see no issue that would prevent it from being a perfect fit for you.
Aaron R. answered on March 8, 2013

A
You shouldn't have any problems with it fitting, I just remeasured it and it does measure 6 inches. The vents are on the top of the receiver, so I think if you have a 1/2 space, and the back isn't enclosed (?) you should be fine. This is a great receiver! I haven't noticed that it gets too hot. Hope this helps.
Mac05 answered on March 5, 2013
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I do not know the cabinet, may you show it to me?
Francisco G. answered on March 5, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product