Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM
Im using my PS3 and the receiver is not detecting DTS, PROLOGIC, DOLBY or any other different sound that LOW EFFECTS SOUND, what can I do
asked by Carlo Custodio on February 19, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 answers
A
What audio cable are you running? If yours not running a fiber audio cable try one of these....http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_7?url=search-alias%3Delectronics&field-keywords=fiber+audio+cable&sprefix=fiber+a%2Celectronics%2C234
John M. answered on February 19, 2013
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Not totally sure; do you have an hdmi cable rated for the latest standards? I have an Xbox and it works fine along with everything else I threw at it. Perhaps you have an hdmi 1.3 cable and its looking for an hdmi 1.4 cable... Good luck
Richard Huffman answered on February 19, 2013

A
I can't help you. I am in the process of placing mine back in the box in order to return it.
M Saunders answered on February 19, 2013

A
If you are using hdmi make sure the sound option in the ps3 settings have the full range of available options picked for output signals.
Trent A. Lewis answered on February 19, 2013

A
Maybe your Hdmi cable have some kind of malfunction, if you have another one you can switch it and test if the sound is ok.
If you have another video/audio source other than the PS3 you should try it , the best way to solve this is test one part at time, so you can find what part is the problem.
Make sure you have connected the others speakers, correctly.
Good luck!
Leo Fremont answered on February 20, 2013

A
Try to check the out connections. My Sony STRDH720 7.1 Channel 3D AV Receiver (Black) work perfect. I don't use PS3. I connect laptop with HDMI cable to TV and from TV to receiver. And also i connect TV and receiver with optical cable. Check also HDMI cable. This is the link:
AmazonBasics High-Speed HDMI Cable - 6.5 Feet (2 Meters) Supports Ethernet, 3D, 4K and Audio Return
AmazonBasics Digital Optical Audio Toslink Cable - 6 Feet (1.8 Meters)
The sound is amazing.
Evgeny A. answered on February 21, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
check your settings on your ps3. check all audio settings. Iuse an hdmi connection for my ps3 into my sony receiver and have not noticed any problems with dts or prologic.
Ronnie Dickert answered on February 22, 2013

A
Eugene H. answered on March 15, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product