Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

on April 4, 2011
For those who are wondering who makes Red Line watches, these are a brand made by SWI Group. Many watch makes are under the SWI umbrella. I've been wearing this watch for approximately one month. I've had a Tag for about 20 years that was reliable as an old dog but began to tarnish and discolor due to moisture inside; shame on me for not sending it to Tag for batteries. I bought the Red Line since the price was right and it is something I can wear until I get the urge to drop another $1500 on a watch. Comparing the two, the craftsmanship of the Tag is superior, as is expected. The Swiss movement seems much more tight; when adjusting the time there is a lot of "play" in the Red Line. Never-the-less, it has kept time no problem. Another good aspect of the Red Line is that the crystal seems much harder than others in this price range, almost like the sapphire of the Tag. I haven't been able to scratch it yet as a daily wearer. What was really disappointing, however, is that the red knurl around the crown has snapped into pieces, leaving an ugly unpolished stem. This piece is a hard plastic. One day it seemed to be catching on the case. I turned it a couple times to try to free it and it literally broke into several pieces in my fingers. Most people probably won't notice the damage, but it bothers me just to know it's there. The warranty from SWI is 5 years limited to MOVEMENT only. Buyer Beware.
11 comment53 of 56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 12, 2013
If you just want to wear a watch around for looks, then this is your watch! I received my watch as a gift and thought it was an amazing watch. Come to find out, the time is always off. I wear my watch to work all 5 days a week. When I set it down for the weekend the watch stops at 3:37 am Sunday morning. A watch like that should be able to last a minimum a week of sitting on a shelf as someone who wears it for 5 days straight. My brother has a watch from a different maker and his lasts 2 weeks once he puts it down. Also, to fix this issue, I have to send it back to SWI (the manufacturer of the watch) with a $10 money order for them to fix it and ship it back to me. I am sure there are other watches out there that look just as good, but can keep time!
11 comment9 of 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 25, 2013
I am posting here, so that I can rate the brand. I do not have this specific watch, but mine stopped working after only 1 1/2 years, and I cannot get the company to respond to get it repaired. Save your money.