Amazon Wedding Registry Benefits
I'm just beginning the registering process. Why should I register at Amazon.com?
What is a universal registry?
Creating and Updating a Registry
I just created my registry. Why doesn't it come up when I search for it?
Will my guests be able to access my Amazon Wedding Registry from other wedding websites?
I created a registry, but I can't edit it. How can I edit it?
Can I see who purchased items from my registry?
How can I tell my guests about my registry at Amazon Wedding?
My fiancé and I will be traveling and/or moving soon after he wedding. Can we have our gifts shipped somewhere else during that time?
Can the items on my registry be shipped internationally?
How will I know if items on my registry have gone out of stock?
Adding Items to Your Registry
How do I add an item to my registry?
How do I add an Amazon Gift Card to my registry?
One of the items I want to add to my registry is being sold by a merchant other than Amazon.com. How does this work?
Deleting a Registry
How do I delete a registry I no longer need?
Finding a Registry
I can't seem to find a couple's registry, although I'm sure they registered at Amazon. How can I find it?
Purchasing from a Registry
Will the registry owners know that I bought them a gift even if I don't add a gift card?
Can I get Super Saver Shipping on the gifts I purchase?
The gift I want to purchase is being sold by a third-party seller. How does this work?
The gift I want to purchase is a universal item and appears to be from another website. How does this work?
Can I return gifts purchased from my registry?
How do I return a gift purchased from a third-party seller?
How do I return a gift purchased from another website and not Amazon.com?
Can I track a package that someone bought for me from my registry?
If you don't see the answer to your question here, please visit our help pages or contact customer service.
- I'm just beginning the registering process. Why should I register at Amazon.com?
Amazon.com makes a great wedding registry for you and your guests.
Great products and features for you:
- Your Amazon Wedding Registry is universal. Anything available for sale on Amazon.com can be added to your registry, including small appliances, cutlery, cookware, books, DVDs, electronics, and even sporting equipment. In addition, when you get the universal button you can add more products to your registry from any website. Now you really can register for practical, must-have items and fun, fanciful gifts all in one place!
- Customer reviews and recommendations help you choose which products you'll love for a lifetime
- Tons of tools, tips, and articles will guide you through creating your registry and planning your wedding
- Free Registry Announcement Cards help spread the word about your registry to guests, and the Thank You List feature allows you to track which guest has purchased which gift for you
- Returns are easy through our Online Returns Center
Your guests will love:
- The ability to shop anytime, anywhere for your gift
- The ease of shopping on Amazon.com (many will already be Amazon.com customers)
- FREE Super Saver Shipping on Amazon.com orders over $25*
* Some restrictions apply. See site for details.
- What is a universal registry?
Sometimes you'll find things you want to add to your registry when you aren't browsing the Amazon.com website. That's OK--you can still add those items to your Amazon Wedding Registry with the Universal Registry Button.
The Universal Button is a browser button that will let you add items to your Registry even if they aren't listed on the Amazon.com website. Once downloaded, just click the Amazon button in your browser while on any webpage. The box that appears will have a drop down to let you choose "Wedding Registry" as the list to add the item to. Click here to get the button.
- I just created my registry. Why doesn't it come up when I search for it?
It may take up to fifteen minutes for your new registry to become searchable.
- Will my guests be able to access my Amazon Wedding Registry from other wedding websites?
Amazon Wedding has joined up with WeddingChannel.com to make it easier for your guests to find your Amazon Wedding Registry and your other registries all in one place. Your registry will now appear with any other participating registries you may have at WeddingChannel.com, the premier online wedding planning resource and the largest collection of wedding registries in the world. It may take up to 36 hours for your newly created registry, or any changes you make to your registry information, to appear on WeddingChannel.com.
- I created a registry, but I can't edit it. How can I edit it?
You must be logged in to edit your registry information or add items. If you find your registry by searching for it but are not able to edit it, try signing in (if you are not already signed in), or try signing in with a different account. It's possible to have multiple accounts at Amazon.com under the same e-mail address. To sign in, click the sign-in link at the top of the registry view ("If this is your registry, click here to sign in").
- Can I see who purchased items from my registry?
Items purchased directly from your registry will be displayed in your Thank You List (available from the owner's view of the registry.)
- How can I tell my guests about my registry at Amazon Wedding?
At the top of your registry you can use the "Share with friends" options to share via email, Facebook or Twitter. (*Please note this option will not appear if your registry is set to private.) Your registry also has a unique URL, which can be found at the top of your registry. Public registries are also available to your guests by searching under your name at Amazon.com/wedding.
- My fiancé and I will be traveling and/or moving soon after he wedding. Can we have our gifts shipped somewhere else during that time?
You can specify both a "before event" and "after event" shipping address for your gifts. If you're going to be out of town or unable to accept packages, you might want to consider having gifts sent to a friend or relative who can hold the packages for you until you are able to collect them. We do not currently offer a way to hold your gifts. You can update your shipping address from the "Manage Your Registry" link at the top of your registry.
- Can the items on my registry be shipped internationally?
Some items are not available for international shipping. If your registry or the registry you are purchasing from has an international shipping address you will be notified when you place your order if the item cannot be shipped to that address. See our shipping policy to learn more.
- How will I know if items on my registry have gone out of stock?
If an item you've added to your registry is no longer in stock, you will see the message "This item is currently unavailable" under the price of that item at the right-hand side of your registry. If you'd like to remove the out-of-stock item from your registry, click "Delete". For similar item suggestions, you can view the product detail page
- How do I add an item to my registry?
Any item for sale at Amazon.com can be added to your registry. Start by browsing the website or searching for items you want. Once you've navigated to an item's product detail page, click the button on the right side of the page with the words "Add to Wedding Registry." (The button is located below the "Add to Cart" button.) The product will then be automatically added to your registry. Visit your registry to change desired quantities or to delete an item. Please see our help page on creating your registry for more information.
- How do I add an Amazon Gift Card to my registry?
You can access the gift card page here. Once you are logged in the "Add to Wedding Registry" button will appear on the right side and you can click "Add to Wedding Registry."
- One of the items I want to add to my registry is being sold by a merchant other than Amazon.com. How does this work?
You can add any item available for sale on Amazon.com to your registry. Amazon Merchants are independent, third-party sellers who offer a variety of merchandise for sale through the Amazon.com site. When your guests purchase from one of these third parties, their order will be fulfilled directly by the merchant, who also handles all customer service, including returns. In many cases, a single item may be offered by both Amazon.com and one or more Amazon Merchants. In these cases, your guest may decide which seller to purchase from. For more information, visit our Amazon Merchants Help section.
- How do I delete a registry I no longer need?
To delete a registry, go to "Manage Your Registry" and will find a delete button at the bottom of your "My Registry Information" page.
- I can't seem to find a couple's registry, although I'm sure they registered at Amazon. How can I find it?
If you are having trouble finding a registry, try limiting the amount of information you provide. The only piece of information required in the search fields is the last name of either registrant. Further information will help to narrow the search, but less information will display more results
- Will the registry owners know that I bought them a gift even if I don't add a gift card?
All gifts purchased directly from a registry are recorded for the registry owner in their Thank You List. This feature tells the registrants which items were purchased for them and who purchased each gift.
- Can I get Super Saver Shipping on the gifts I purchase?
If you purchase registry items that are sold by Amazon.com (and not a third-party seller) your purchase may qualify for Super Saver Shipping (restrictions apply, please see shipping information for more details.)
- The gift I want to purchase is being sold by a third-party seller. How does this work?
Many items for sale on Amazon.com are offered by independent, third-party sellers known as Amazon Merchants or Marketplace sellers. When you purchase from one of these third parties, your order will be fulfilled directly by the merchant, who also handles all customer service, including returns. You will make your payment, however, through Amazon.com using Amazon Payments. The vast majority of third-party orders are covered under the A - Z Guarantee, which ensures that the couple will receive their gift in good condition and in a timely manner.
You may notice the phrase "Gift options not available" (i.e., gift wrap or a gift card) underneath items offered by Amazon Merchants. Please note that the couple will still know that gift is from you, as every registry contains a "Thank You List" feature that lists all items and their purchasers.
- The gift I want to purchase is a universal item and appears to be from another website. How does this work?
When you browse a registry, you may see non-Amazon items listed with a "Shop this store" button. These are universal items. If you want to buy one of these items, you can click "Mark this item as purchased" and you will be prompted to enter your information. You will then be sent an email to complete the process. This will mark the item as purchased on the registry. You will still need to purchase the item from the other store. Amazon does not handle transactions for these items and our A-Z guarantee does not apply to these transactions.
- Can I return gifts purchased from my registry?
Returning gifts is easy with Amazon. Visit our Online Returns Center to print out a mailing label, and then mail the package back to Amazon.com. Don't forget to save your packing slip, as it's helpful to have the Order ID handy when you request the mailing label. If you don't have a packing slip for your item, please contact Customer Service to get the Order ID for the item. Once the return is received, you'll be sent an Amazon.com Gift Certificate for the value of your return. (Don't worry--the gift giver won't know the gift was returned!) Please visit our Gift Returns Help pages to get all the details.
- How do I return a gift purchased from a third-party seller?
For orders placed with a third-party seller, customer service (including returns) is handled by that seller. Check the packing slip in your shipment for the name and contact information of the Amazon Merchant who fulfilled your gift. Then contact them directly to find out how to return the item. Note that items from 3rd party sellers are subject to that sellers return policy. Some 3rd party sellers may credit the credit card of the original purchaser.
- How do I return a gift purchased from another website and not Amazon.com?
For gifts purchased from stores or websites other than Amazon.com, customer service (including returns) is handled by that seller. Amazon.com has no control over your experience once you leave our website, and the A-to-z Guarantee does not apply to these orders.
- Can I track a package that someone bought for me from my registry?
At this time it is only possible for the purchaser to track a package. Please contact customer service to get information on packages that are being sent to you as gifts.