the release date delivery does not appear for me

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 27, 2012 5:22:52 AM PST
topic says it all, what's wrong?

Posted on Jan 27, 2012 12:46:24 PM PST
Same thing is happening to me...best I can guess is it's an advertisement for the shipping service in general. I guess they are not actually offering it for this game.

/shrug

Posted on Jan 27, 2012 11:00:54 PM PST
Colin says:
give it time, this seems to happen whenever Amazon adds release-date delivery to a product page it just takes a couple days for the option to actually appear

Posted on Jan 30, 2012 5:06:19 PM PST
Anon says:
if i sign off the release date delivery ad is there, when i sign in it vanishes.

Posted on Feb 2, 2012 12:07:48 PM PST
It's not there for me either. I already preordered it, but I would like to get it on release day, and not 3 days later.

Posted on Feb 2, 2012 12:57:49 PM PST
S. Posey says:
I'm holding off to see if they add it or not. If they don't offer release date delivery, I'll get it from a local store instead.

Posted on Feb 3, 2012 9:54:26 PM PST
Joe Cam says:
I went to order it and saw that when it was in my cart they didn't offer Release Date shipping.
I fired up chat support and the guy I talked to told me to place the order with one day shipping and he zeroed out the shipping total.
Granted, it's not RELEASE day, but I can wait a day and save a buck and not deal with tax and driving to GameStop to HOPE they have it.
Not saying you'll be able to get the same offer, but couldn't hurt to live chat with somebody. If you're polite and mention that they're offering something on the page but it's not there when you order, I'm sure they'll try to help. If not, complain that it's a blatant bait and switch tactic and maybe they'll help then. I'm sure it won't have to come to that though. Amazon Customer Support is usually really good at making sure you're as happy as possible with your order from what I've experienced.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 7, 2012 4:16:39 AM PST
S. Posey says:
You could just reserve it at gamestop and get it on day 1 instead of hoping they have it. You still have to drive, but my local gamestop is on my way home from work, so that's what I'll be doing.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 9, 2012 2:20:12 AM PST
Joe Cam says:
Granted, it's a good idea if it's on your normal route, but my closest store is 25 minutes away and the employees can sometimes be a-holes about a lot of stuff. Plus you have to pay tax there. And if you DIDN'T reserve, you have to HOPE that they actually got it in. And with smaller titles there's no guarantee that they'll have it on Tuesday. For them, Tuesday might be their ship date and it might not show until Wednesday or Thursday anyways.

Posted on Feb 11, 2012 6:37:53 AM PST
Rox White says:
Release date delivery appears to be working now.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2012 8:20:39 PM PST
HeStAr says:
thanks a mill for the heads up!!!!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  9
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Jan 27, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 11, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Tales of the Abyss - Nintendo 3DS
Tales of the Abyss - Nintendo 3DS by Namco (Nintendo 3DS)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (130)