Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Halo Reach - Legendary Edition forum

No release day delivery for the Legendary Edition?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 36 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 2, 2010 8:38:52 AM PDT
M. Prokop says:
I noticed that there is no option for release day delivery for the Legendary Edition. The release day delivery option is only there for the regular and limited editions. Anyone know why?

Posted on Sep 2, 2010 9:42:39 AM PDT
Ashley says:
That's strange, it used to be there. I am still showing it to be delivered on release day from my order back in July.

Posted on Sep 2, 2010 11:12:19 AM PDT
same here A. Grant.

very weird. you should email amazon...

Posted on Sep 2, 2010 11:15:39 AM PDT
Adam says:
This sucks, I was planning on ordering one once I get my $20 credit for Metroid: Other M

Posted on Sep 2, 2010 7:06:53 PM PDT
M. Prokop says:
I emailed customer service and this is basically what they said. Hopefully once the release date gets closer, they can confirm they will have enough inventory to bring back release day delivery.

We only offer the Release-Date Delivery option when we know we can get the item from our suppliers in time to meet our delivery promise to you. It is possible that this item will become eligible as the release date gets closer and we've confirmed our inventory.

Posted on Sep 3, 2010 1:31:30 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 3, 2010 1:32:03 AM PDT
You might be out of luck. I heard that pre-orders for the Legendary Edition are going to stop soon, along with the regular and limited edition.

I'm all for it though, I want the Legendary Edition and Limited Editions to be gone from store shelves by the end of the year so it won't be a repeat of Halo 3

Posted on Sep 3, 2010 7:40:50 AM PDT
Ashley says:
looks like it's back now!

Posted on Sep 3, 2010 8:51:19 AM PDT
nasty naz says:
James, I agree... Hoping for Legendary and Limited to sell out as well and actually mean something this time. Maybe even be coveted Halo collectibles!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 3, 2010 10:18:53 AM PDT
Ashley says:
I think it will be a little more rare this time, plus its breakable! The collectors edition of the guide is sold out, lol.

Posted on Sep 3, 2010 12:27:37 PM PDT
Amy L. Stone says:
I pre-ordered mine in July, and my order still stands as having release date delivery. I better get this game on Sept. 14. =P I have a place for my statue on my dresser. Nerdalicious. <3

Posted on Sep 3, 2010 1:30:12 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 3, 2010 1:31:03 PM PDT
You guys have no idea how excited i am waiting for this game.

Put it this way, i was never fan of ANY gaming but the first halo came and sucker punched me (remember the REAL lan parties? xbox to xbox?) and i've been in love ever since.

The beta was so amazing. God damnit! I need to kill some n00bs so bad! (the sprint loadout is definitely the best).

9 more days!

Posted on Sep 4, 2010 11:46:17 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 4, 2010 12:23:25 PM PDT
Makes me glad I preordered it last week, I still have the release date set for me. As long as I get a nice big box next tuesday, I'll be happy camper <3

Though curiosity is getting the better of me, does anyone know if the preorders made prio to the release date option going down will be effected or not?

Posted on Sep 4, 2010 12:38:11 PM PDT
My order is still set for Release Date Shipping. So if it isn't offered anymore, it still applies to us.

Posted on Sep 4, 2010 3:54:41 PM PDT
I think pre-orders made prior to the release date shouldn't be affected because your order is "guaranteed." Since release day might be gone, I think that just means that Amazon may not have enough copies of Reach to send out on release day so they aren't going to offer something they can't promise

Posted on Sep 6, 2010 7:39:17 AM PDT
Turgul says:
I have had some bad experiences with amazon overselling pre-orders. If they are starting to say that they don't know if they will have enough stock then they are probably already sold out.

Posted on Sep 6, 2010 8:46:05 AM PDT
Phlosar says:
I preordered April 30. I had it set for free super saver shipping, but changed it to release date for $.99. It's worth it for a buck. I guess I am near the front of the queue given when I ordered. I was surprised at the cheap release date delivery. Same for the console!

Posted on Sep 6, 2010 9:31:04 AM PDT
Amy L. Stone says:
@Cristian - Yes, I remember LAN parties. Halo CE and Halo 2..woop woop! Had about 4 T.V.'s in a room, all huddled around our gigantic old school xbox's. This was waaaay before LCD's. Tube TV's and wired controllers. <3 I miss those days. I miss Beaver Creek, Coagulation, etc. Bringing back the Blood Gulch though! That's what I'm talking about Bungie. ;] Go out with a bang.

This game will forever hold a place in my heart (and on my leg for that matter...my tattoo is there for good).

See you guys on the Battlefield. <3

Posted on Sep 6, 2010 4:28:32 PM PDT
A. J. Yuen says:
I just checked it and i saw the release date delivery option. Note i try to do this once while i had other items in my cart. It wont allow the overnight shipping with other items. U must order this alone if u want release date delivery.

Posted on Sep 7, 2010 3:23:27 PM PDT
@Amy, halo tat on your leg? HARDCORE! =D

7 more days!

Posted on Sep 8, 2010 4:39:35 PM PDT
Bo Ferguson says:
:-O My release day shipping is costing me $6... wts...

Posted on Sep 8, 2010 6:55:10 PM PDT
What's wrong with $6? Sounds pretty damn sweet to me.

Then again, I live in California. So if I bought Legendary in-store I'd be paying $15 just in sales tax.

Posted on Sep 8, 2010 10:37:12 PM PDT
@Bo Ferguson
Order another copy and use release day shipping, that one should have $1. Then you can cancel the other one.

@K. Stephens
There is 10% tax where you live? Holy crap

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 9, 2010 9:37:21 AM PDT
yea same here. i have the console and the legendary ordered back in April 28th. so i got it on the second day it was available. i have release date delivery too: "crossed fingers".

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 9, 2010 10:47:54 AM PDT
damn near - %9.25 +

Thank the internet gods for Amazon.

Posted on Sep 9, 2010 11:39:44 AM PDT
bluem00se says:
The only thing I'm concerned about with release date shipping on Reach is, which carrier will Amazon use to ship my package? UPS is the most reliable, but UPS tends to come to my house late (4-5 PM) whereas Fed-EX or Cal-Trac come a lot earlier. I'm starting college the week after Reach comes out so I need to get in as much playtime as possible while I still have time for it :P
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  20
Total posts:  36
Initial post:  Sep 2, 2010
Latest post:  Sep 12, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about