Customer Discussions > Angry Birds (Ad-Free) forum

removing an app from the "Apps to Install" list without installing/updating it:

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 126 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 25, 2011 2:36:24 PM PDT
A. Buchholz says:
I would like to remove an app which I accidentally purcahsed (it was free). I don't want to install the app because I already own the same app from the Andoid Market and I don't want to over-write my existing data... How do I remove it?? The amazon.com instructions say to "Check the box "Don't include this in the new apps list"." I have no idea where to look for this button... PLEASE HELP!!

Posted on Mar 28, 2011 6:45:50 AM PDT
Jeremy Mann says:
I have the same problem. I called Amazon to try and address the issue. They confirmed the online documentation is incorrect and that feature doesn't currently exist. The guy I spoke with had no immediate answer to fix the problem. He said he would let the appropriate people know about the documentation and my issue. I requested they manually remove the fee app from my account to stop this, of which he passed that request along as well. Hopefully they get this fixed soon and give us the ability to remove stuff from our accounts.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 31, 2011 3:10:52 PM PDT
A. Buchholz says:
I will try to give them a call too and request that the purchase be removed from my account... The current amazon marketplace app is effecting my battery life by continuously sending me notifications for an "update" ready to be installed for the unwanted app.

In reply to an earlier post on May 28, 2011 8:27:05 AM PDT
well, you already got it.. but just because it has an install button doesn't mean you have to install it... it will just sit in your app list on amazon.. i wouldn't worry about it.. just don't press the install button... oh and even if you press install which i wouldn't... it probably won't delete your data that is already on your android device.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 23, 2011 4:55:34 AM PDT
I have the same problem!! I've tried a lot of the free apps then uninstalled them if I didn't like them... now anytime I download an app they're all just sitting there, 39 useless apps that make it harder to get to the new app I'm downloading.

Posted on Jul 31, 2011 11:44:57 AM PDT
c. good says:
same thing here. get the impression they don't want to bother fixing this.

Posted on Aug 1, 2011 9:42:55 AM PDT
J. Graham says:
I'm ready for this to be fixed, it might not be a big deal but it is annoying.

Posted on Aug 1, 2011 11:54:14 PM PDT
I think it is a big deal. Why wouldn't there be a delete option? That's just dumb. They can't assume that we're going to love every single app we download. I want to get rid of several like I can on the android market.

Posted on Aug 2, 2011 1:58:37 PM PDT
Dan says:
I want this fixed too. Stupid app wont install on my phone and it just sits in the apps list and I cant remove it.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 5, 2011 6:02:23 AM PDT
J. Moss says:
I agree this is an issue!! There needs to be a way to Uninstall an App through the Amazon App-Store (AAS). Because there is no ability to do this, the app never gets removed from the App list in the AAS. There should be an option to remove the app permanently. I typically will download the free app of the day and then try it out days or weeks later. Hating some of them... I'd love to be able to TRULY get rid of them.

Posted on Aug 9, 2011 10:01:26 PM PDT
AGREED this is definatly something that needs to be looked into as i had to rebuild my device and i dont want all the apps reinstalled that i have used at one time or another and i dont want it sitting with 50 apps waiting to install either

Posted on Aug 10, 2011 10:14:42 AM PDT
K. Sullivan says:
Ok, so this thread started 7 months ago, whats taking so long? You think these people above me were wrong in there analysis? Fyi I'm about to DELETE YOUR ENTIRE MARKETPLACE, because I can't delete an app; get it? No more $ for you.

People with money and power need to remember who they got that from, and maybe listen when the givers make a gripe.

Posted on Aug 13, 2011 4:35:11 PM PDT
Trevor Duke says:
Needs to be fixed asap

Posted on Aug 14, 2011 4:32:53 AM PDT
Just a half-baked fix but it has been working OK for me (would probably be too much of a pain for those of you who have collected a whole pile of "Apps to Install"). When I had 2-3 free apps that I wanted to remove from the list, I tried installing them anyway, then immediately uninstalling them, and have continued to do this so my list of "Apps to Install" stays a manageable size. This worked for the most part but, believe it or not, a few just throw themselves right back on the list at random times (which I install and remove again). This temporary fix is also a real pain so I am still also waiting anxiously for them to really fix it properly (but at least it is only a small bit of pain each time I have to go through this ridiculous process in order to keep my list "clean".) And, as I said, I only ever do this with the free apps.

Posted on Aug 15, 2011 12:23:04 PM PDT
A. Bradley says:
AGREED!!!! I usually download a lot of the free apps for the day and uninstall if I don't like them. But of course just like everybody else they sit in my history and I can't remove them. PLEASE FIX THIS AMAZON!!!

Posted on Aug 20, 2011 10:30:05 PM PDT
Bob Nash says:
I'm in the same boat as most people here. I have several free/demo apps that I don't want on my phone or in my AppStore list. Even saw the support page with the "removal instructions" mentioned by the original poster. Over the last couple months, I've called Amazon twice and written several emails. So far, Amazon has "passed along the request" and done nothing. Pretty sad.

ADD THE FEATURE, AMAZON! PEOPLE ARE AVOIDING YOUR APPSTORE DUE TO THIS FUNDAMENTAL FLAW! THANK YOU!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 22, 2011 7:35:25 AM PDT
A. Buchholz says:
As the original creator of this discussion, I am happy to see that I am not alone! In the past months, I have called Amazon multiple times with this complaint and have gotten the run around each time. I have since stopped using the Amazon app store for two reasons: 1) the obvious -- inability to remove the purchased apps from the list and 2) lack of timely updates for the apps I have purchased.

Posted on Aug 26, 2011 4:55:25 PM PDT
Yes, Please fix thing, this is so annoying!!!

Posted on Sep 7, 2011 7:18:25 PM PDT
Some Guy says:
Hello? Amazon are you listening to your fans. All we want is a way to clean up the garbage. Should be an easy fix.

Posted on Sep 15, 2011 8:42:17 AM PDT
Glen says:
Is there some way to delete these files from some unknown folder on the phone?

Posted on Sep 16, 2011 4:36:41 AM PDT
This is a really annoying issue. Amazon please fix this

Posted on Sep 18, 2011 6:16:40 AM PDT
A. Gentleman says:
Glad I'm not the only one. Amazon please fix!

Posted on Sep 21, 2011 5:06:27 AM PDT
Dominic says:
I'd love to have the ability to delete my downloaded apps from the App Store. Why this wasn't implemented is beyond me.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2011 5:48:33 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 21, 2011 5:50:34 AM PDT
Ella says:
Because the way amazon works, you have technically paidfor that app. Even if it was free, you own the right to use it now.

Posted on Sep 22, 2011 2:14:25 AM PDT
A. Thomas says:
I wish they would just get removed from the list of my owned apps even if they still have me down as owning it... or if they could make a new list of archived apps that just doesn't show up anywhere unless you actively search for it.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  93
Total posts:  126
Initial post:  Mar 25, 2011
Latest post:  Jan 30, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 25 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Angry Birds (Ad-Free)
Angry Birds (Ad-Free) by Rovio Entertainment Ltd.
4.0 out of 5 stars   (1,404)