I want to replace my current hard drive with this one. The model number of the one I have is WD3200AAJS-00B4A0. Will this work as a replacement?
asked by CheRio on May 15, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 answers
A
vote
Yes, the Western Digital Caviar Blue 500 GB will work perfectly (I love mine). My only regret is that I didn't get the larger one, and for just $10.00 more you can go with the 1Tb model (twice as much storage). and at 8:00pm Pacific time 05/15/13, I found this one: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500 GB SATA III 7200 RPM 16 MB Cache Bulk/OEM Desktop Hard Drive - WD5000AAKX

I hope this helps :-)
Doug answered on May 15, 2013

A
vote
Sorry, I linked to the one that you were already looking at.... (it's been a long day), but the following link is to the 1 terabyte Hard Drive that I mentioned in my first post.

WD Blue 1 TB Desktop Hard Drive: 3.5 Inch, 7200 RPM, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64 MB Cache - WD10EZEX
Doug answered on May 15, 2013

A
vote
i replaced a WD1600JS with a WD250 and all worked just fine. You should not have a problem. Good luck.
weldonb answered on May 15, 2013

A
vote
it depends on what connectors you have. If you have SATA-3 then yes
Brenton Villeneuve answered on May 16, 2013

A
vote
Based on the specs, I see no reason why it shouldn't work. It a SATA just like you have, but with a faster interface speed. They are both 7200 RPM, so nothing will change much except for the capacity of the drive. If you are looking to increase your storage, I would also look at the WD10EZEX. For $10 more, you would get twice the capacity of this one at 1TB. You just need to make sure you have an operating system that can handle the one terabyte drive.
Steve B. answered on May 16, 2013

A
vote
I had mine for about two months and it died. I accessed it once to do a backup and the next time it failed. Dealing with Western Digital was a nightmare. They told me the drive was sold as part of a system and would not be covered by warranty at first but I kept calling them and complaining. After nearly two weeks they finally issued me an RMA for a replacement but not before I had to send them proof of purchase along with a picture of the drive label.
Roger G. Fleming answered on May 20, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›