Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 2, 2011 5:12:01 AM PDT
Hi - I am a wife to the Ex- of and a step mom to the children of a woman who seems to have BPD. I'm not a psychiatrist and unfortunately the social workers have not pushed her to be treated or at least diagnosed, but she exihibits many of the things I read about BPD and in other peoples comments/experiences. So- she is not a loved-one/relative, but she is the mother of my husband's 2 young boys so we have to deal with her illness all the time. Is walking on Eggshells or the Family guide/Walking on Eggshells helpful for this situation? Can anyone recommend other resources? We know she is ill and we feel very bad for her, but its SO hard to deal with her that she is a constant source of stress in our lives as well as the children's (though they love her and she loves them very much). Any help would be appreciated because its many years until the kids are 18 and more on their own. Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2011 10:33:27 PM PDT
Blondie says:
They are the hardest to deal with, as they always think they are RIGHT. That is what my doctor said.....we know a fellow with it. It seems the more intimate the relationship becomes..the harder they are to deal with and they try to control you. I would be distant, but pleasant. Limit all the contact with her you can. Go see a professional that specializes in this ...if you come to a rough patch. It doesn't matter what label they put on her, you know the BEHAVIOR and that is what you must deal with. She probably DOES have Bordeline Personality. Take care of YOU......and read the books and get help if you need help dealing with this. Don't second guess yourself. If you see the behavior, you are probably correct! Don't listen to others...read books from the experts. Good luck! Stay strong! Blondie
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  Jun 2, 2011
Latest post:  Jun 8, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions