Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Am I able to retrace my steps so that I can easily find my car after hiking?
asked by Susan C. Westervelt on May 26, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 answers
A
John in Baltimore answered on May 27, 2013
Comment | 8 of 8 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
If you set a waypoint at your car location before you start caching you can call up the waypoint and it will give you the direction to your start point. Your car. Hope that helps.
Robert Hosier answered on May 26, 2013
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
YES!

Here are two videos that may help (cut and paste into your browser):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAz4DcKmfW8&feature=share&list=PL9D03CC85B73D025F

http://youtu.be/Adxu4KpKxvU

Good luck.
Pete Burzynski answered on May 27, 2013
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
yes, you can be returned by the same route that traces using the option "way points", it is important to highlight those areas of importance for better orientation upon return, especially where there is no road or the topography is quite complex, it is a very good team, I recommend
GUSTAAGO answered on May 27, 2013
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
This devise will record your walking route in its large scale map and I believe it could find your car.
Mike answered on May 27, 2013
Comments (2) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I'm not sure why Amazon wants me to answer this when I bought the 10 but the 10 lets you set waypoints (a point to navigate back to ie; your car if you like) and creates a little dotted line everywhere you've been. I can only assume that the 20 is cooler still. I think you'll be good to go Susan.
cityofthesouth answered on May 28, 2013

A
Yes it has breadcrumbs to retrace steps
Jeffrey Weist answered on May 28, 2013

A
Retracing your path is easy with the eTrek20. It records and plots the course you take. You can also change the plotting course color if you prefer to have multiple overlapping routes.
Mike Cramer answered on May 28, 2013

A
Yes, but it is not quite as easy and nifty as they make it look. I was disappointed in the Etrex 10. It does take getting use to, and the instructions that come with it are not very user friendly. You will need to download the bigger manual from the Garmin Internet sight. I bought the eTrex 10 and wish I had bought the higher model (or two) even though it cost a lot more. The eTrex 20 looks about the same as the eTrex 10, but in color. I would try to get some feedback from someone with the eTrex20 if that is the model you are considering. Hope this helps. LW
Lamar S. White answered on May 26, 2013
Comments (2) | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product