Customer Discussions > Rolling In The Deep forum

How do I retrieve my purchased mp3 download? Can anyone help me?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 63 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 27, 2011 12:48:20 PM PDT
cherie says:
Can someone help me; how do I retrieve an mp3 download I purchased?

In reply to an earlier post on May 28, 2011 12:50:05 PM PDT
Click on "Your Account" in the upper right hand side of the page.
Scroll down to "Digital Content"
Click on "MP3 Dwonloads" It should be in there.
If it wont let you download from there you will have to email customer service. If you downloaded the file check for Amazon MP3 in your My Music Folder. If you accidently downloaded the .amz file it will be in your Downloads folder if running Windows 7 with IE9 by default.

Posted on Mar 25, 2012 12:08:44 PM PDT
Steve Carter says:
next time ill buy in itunes ive already spent 1/2 hour trying to figure this out. downloaded their installer. this is a waste of my time to do something that i shouln't have to do. still i don't have mp3

Posted on Apr 20, 2012 7:13:07 PM PDT
I agree. This people make it so hard to look for things you've already paid for. And even if you purchase it doesn't automatically upload to your cloud player. You have to manually do it and good luck because it doesn't always work! Shame on you Amazon!

Posted on May 28, 2012 3:11:10 PM PDT
Melissa says:
I agree.. I'll never buy music here again. I can't make a disc (burn) so why should I buy?

Posted on Jul 4, 2012 3:24:55 PM PDT
Are you reading this Amazon? I have the same issue, I purchased the mp3 but did not download it at that time, now I cannot download my mp3, which i have paid for! I LOVE Amazon but this mp3 section needs improvement, please enhance. Thank you.

Posted on Jul 7, 2012 9:40:43 AM PDT
Same thing just happened to me. My punishment for straying from itunes, I guess...

Posted on Jul 21, 2012 7:05:02 AM PDT
Same problem..do I have to buy song again???

Posted on Jul 24, 2012 5:53:09 PM PDT
It is really not as hard as you people are making it sound. You want to pay more and become a part of the iTunes drones, please go back to it. Seriously, the Mobile App is as painless as they come, the prices are significantly cheaper than iTunes, and accessing your songs from any computer is a breeze.

Posted on Aug 17, 2012 9:56:34 AM PDT
John says:
This was a pain but for me i cracked it by finding the Amazon Installer download - re-downloaded it and then opened it (make sure u open the new version rather than the one u might already have installed, i clicked on the bar at the bottom of the browser which shows recent downloads). This opened Amazon Installer which automatically started to download the albums i'd purchased.

Posted on Aug 20, 2012 8:43:10 AM PDT
I want to agree with Scott. Seriously. But how about if he were to actually explain WHERE the music i just paid for went?

Posted on Oct 7, 2012 6:34:24 AM PDT
Jeffj900 says:
I guess I have to stick with itunes. I bought an mp3 album this morning from my iPad. Later went to my mac to download, and the downloads tab in my digital library said 'Already downloaded". I have no copies of the mp3. Even if I had already downloaded it, why couldn't I do it again now? I own it! You have my money.

Posted on Oct 12, 2012 7:43:13 AM PDT
Ben Wyatt says:
has anyone had any luck with this?? where do you download the mp3s from? There is no "Digital Content" link in "My account"

Posted on Oct 23, 2012 10:45:26 AM PDT
Safetypants says:
Having the same problem here. Maybe it's just a Mac thing?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 24, 2012 12:32:03 AM PDT
Ben Wyatt says:
I had to call their support in the end and they directed me to it. It is impossible to find. You have to go to "my account" and then click on about 7 different links, none of which have anything to do with either music or downloading or purchases or anything. It is absolutely ridiculous and I doubt I will use them again - is way to much hassle. Good luck!!! You'll need it.

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 9:08:56 AM PST
Your Account>Manage Your Cloud Subscriptions>Listen to your music>Songs

Maybe Amazon Installer software makes this easier, but you can download one song at a time here by clicking "skip installation"

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 11:55:21 AM PST
Fortunately, I`ve been able to find all the downloads since the cloud was launched.However, I`m having problems finding the albums I had bought before the cloud came around.;any ideas how to retrieve this files?

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 1:43:46 PM PST
Holly A.W. says:
I am having problems with this also. My account says that the music was already downloaded, but I cannot find it on my computer. So I have re-downloaded it about 5 different times. I really do not want to call customer service...IT SHOULD NOT BE THIS MUCH OF A PAIN IT THE BUTT!!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 10:23:24 PM PST
rylee says:
THANK YOU!!!!

Posted on Feb 8, 2013 1:01:34 PM PST
Den says:
The only way to download that worked for me was Amazon Cloud player. I bought an MP3 album on iPad and added it to Amazon Cloud Player. Then later I tried to download those MP3s from my PC and I could not... The download link from "My MP3" library takes you to the product page and you are suggested to buy it again!
So after some time of frustration I opened the Cloud player and found my MP3s there, then selected them and clicked download, then it downloaded fine.

Bottom line: buy MP3s on computer and download them immediately. Keep a backup of your MP3s somewhere on the disk, not in the cloud, because you never know if you will be able to download them again in future...

Posted on Feb 9, 2013 7:29:54 PM PST
maddie says:
Wow Amazon!!! This is trash!!!! You say your music is DRM free, but we have to contact customer service to re-download a song?!?! Garbage, going back to iTunes, thanks for wasting my time and money.

Posted on Feb 26, 2013 1:21:52 AM PST
S. Sybert says:
I don't know if this will work in your situation, but I accidentally closed the download tab after purchasing an album without actually downloading it.
I went to the cloud player, went to "purchased", checked the items I hadn't downloaded, & clicked the download button.
Worked just fine.
Hope this helps.

Posted on Mar 2, 2013 6:10:36 PM PST
I have had an insane amount of frustration with the loop of save a file to download that will not download in order to get a song that I paid for.

Posted on Mar 12, 2013 3:32:03 PM PDT
Robin Ray says:
I want to play my downloads in itunes. So I want them on my hard disk, not somewhere you fancy and which I can't find anyway. How on earth do I do that? This 'cloud' thing is not a forward step, Amazon; it's a backward leap. I'm off to itunes and buy the tunes again so I can find them without taking a degree course in Amazonthink. Thanks for nothing.

Posted on Mar 17, 2013 6:22:49 AM PDT
elizabeth says:
Wow. This is a bunch of crap. I installed the downloader, set the preferences, as directed, and nothing will download to my computer. Whenever I click the mp3 to download, it asks me to install the downloader. I have un-installed and re-installed....round and round.

I don't want to listen to a few things from the cloud. I want to have them on my computer with the rest of my music!!!!!

What a waste!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Rolling In The Deep forum
Participants:  53
Total posts:  63
Initial post:  May 27, 2011
Latest post:  3 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 14 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Rolling In The Deep
Rolling In The Deep by Adele
4.7 out of 5 stars   (211)