reusable k cup leaks I use regular folgers coffee in my Keurig. Every time I try it, water leaks up and over the filter and out of the front. What am i doing wrong? the reg. k cups work great, but too $$$. I want to make other coffee brands without all the leaking.
asked by Zachary Dierks on December 30, 2008
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 51-60 of 437 answers
A
I also did this, but I used one of the plastic rubber-type wine 'corks'. By slicing off from the 'fat' end, it fit so snugly in the depression that it doesn't come out at all. I also think it is much more durable than the cork version.
Electric Eye answered on January 8, 2011
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
did this and worked great!! the rubber gasket from home depot
Doug G. Omea answered on January 8, 2011

A
I didn't have to spend a nickel. I used 2 small rubber bands like the ones the the paperboy uses on our morning newspaper and put them around the outer gray basket up under where the top screws on - just enough lift to make a tight seal, no leaks and no issue with covering the water from the side holes in the piercing needle. With Dunkin Donuts coffee (which my wife won't live without and after all I bought the Keurig for her (wink!) for Christmas) you get a pretting weak cup still if you use the large cup setting (but she doesn't). Had to waste 3-4 cups of grounds before getting the best combination (tried the wine cork thing, too, which did work but coffee was even weaker). I suppose a different grind might even improve things. Any suggestions appreciated. Happy brewing.
Roger C. Foley answered on January 11, 2011

A
My reusable K Cup is also leaking (this is the grey one). For $18 you would think it would work flawlessly. Hopefully Keurig will address this problem soon.
Barbara Bender answered on January 11, 2011

A
Your idea of a washer FIXED the problem. However, I would suggest to use the thinnest washer that will fix the problem and avoid slowing down the water as you are stating. The reason that the water is slowing down is that you are covering the holes on the needle with the gasket which now sits lower than it is supposed to. By doing this, I am not sure what the back pressure will do to the unit. First I used an 1/8" washer and found it to stop the leak. Then I tried a 1/16" washer and found it to be as successful while keeping the holes in the needle uncovered more. The time it took to brew a cup did not seem to increase while still having no leaks.
Prasad answered on February 12, 2011

A
You are a genius. I just happened to have three washers in the bottom of a cup in our kitchen cupboard. I took off the rubber gasket, slid these on and then put the gasket back on. It worked like a charm. Even my wife gave it the "no grounds" approval. Thank you so much S. Mattus.

Update... you must take the washers off before using standard kcups or the entire rubber gasket will penetrate the kcup and cause a big mess. Keurig just needs a bigger gasket to use with the filter attachment.
C. Bare answered on February 21, 2011

A
I called Keurig about the My K-Cup leakage problem. It is a design flaw. The My K-Cup sits lower in the machine than the regular K-Cup holder does. Thus, the rubber gasket that is on the Keurig machine can not get low enough on the My K-Cup to create a good seal - thus causing the spillage. Keurig advised to reach up into the machine to pull the gasket down before using the M K-Cup (their agent told me she had the same problem with her machine). This risk is that the gasket is on the K-Cup puncture mechanism which is very sharp. Thus pulling the gasket down is dangerous. The agent told be they are working on a fix. You would think they would have tested this before they put it on the market.
J. Weinmann answered on March 22, 2011

A
Yeah really C. Sanders. Obviously hundreds and hundreds of people have called Keurig, some got absolutely no response, and the other get "move the o-ring down and risk cutting your finger!" Hopefully when I try that, if I get a nice open wound, it will get infected, and then I'll lose my finger and THEN, MAYBE I can file a lawsuit and Keurig will actually fix the problem! Seems hundreds of people have managed to come up with their own fixes, but the "geniuses" that work at Keurig can't. Interesting.
Jessica Nau answered on April 2, 2011

A
Wow!!! Did I have the leaks going with my reusable filter.....so I went on Keurig website where other users had the same problem....the solution that has worked for me?...I pulled down the rubber seal from around the needle down to almost the tip of the needle...put my filter in with one of the 3 lines on filter cap directly over the "align holder" arrow...and...Yes!!!!...no leaks, no grounds...
Kathleen Stolpa answered on September 8, 2011

A
If you have a B60 or better, you should be able to pop out the Kcup holder (instructions should come with your my K-cup adapter). Replace the kcup holder with your My K-cup. To pop out the Kcup holder, grasp the to with two fingers and reach under the adapter and push up with another finger. That should prevent catching a finger on a needle. Hope this helps.
Stephanie Cain answered on November 15, 2011
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   ...   44   Next ›