Most helpful positive review
6 of 6 people found the following review helpful
Good program for voice enhancement... depending on the equipment you use
on October 9, 2010
This program is mind-numbingly simple to use. It offers five types of "enhancements". They are:
- Reduce Noise (for removing background noise)
- Reduce Hum (electronic, not someone in the background being annoying)
- Reduce pops (from a vinyl record, not spoken into a Mic)
- Enhance Voice (adds a bit of clarity)
- Enhance Music (I've never used this one)
Each one comes with a clear description of what it's for and a slider to say how much of it you want.
It does a decent job of making the indicated corrections. However, I've found that with a better quality microphone and quiet environment there's not much for this program to do.
What should *you* do? Well, for $27 it's not *that* expensive just to have on hand to clean up a recording you had to make under less than ideal circumstances. If you're not sure you can download a demo version to see if it provides the kind of improvements you want.
(Another option is something like Audacity. It costs less, does more, and is much more confusing to use.)