4.0 out of 5 stars Dash Dolls Tell All, Bible!, November 23, 2010
This review is from: Kardashian Konfidential (Hardcover)
This triple mini autobiography is in fact better than I expected. We see so much of these women on television and in magazines that I thought there wasn't much else to tell, but this book instantly blew that theory out of the water. Starting out "famous for being famous" and turning that into family and individual brands takes hard work, and creativity, which whether we like to admit it or not, is something these women have a lot of. Sexy, quirky, fun, flawed, and ultimately human, these women prove tirelessly, purposely and not, that although in the lime light and living lavishly, they are just us like everyone else.

Kourtney, Kim, and Khloé made sure there isn't a boring page in this book. The colorful pages are jam packed with photos from childhood and beyond, some brand new and some we might have already seen. For those of you that think Kim is always the center of attention, she does have a few more pages of photos but besides that, the photo layouts are remarkable fair. This collaboration is also filled with family stories, advice, beauty secrets, and keepsakes all with very modern page set ups and designs. This book reads much like a magazine, and in some spots like an actual interview. Fun and freely assembled the aesthetics are very pleasing to the eye, just like these women! This entire project seems honest, light hearted yet sometimes emotional, positive, and definitely not your standard black and white plain font filled text.

If you are intrigued by the Kardashian women and want to know more then definitely pick up this page turner for the inside scoop. (Don't expect dirty details) These three are easily relatable in so many ways, even more so now that they are aunts, a mother, and a wife. Kourtney speaks of Mason and how he has changed her life, Khloé talks about her whirlwind romance with Lamar and of best friend/assistant Malika (<-- she should write a book!), and Kimmy cakes briefly brings up her divorce, and how she ultimately loves to be in love. They each talk about their family, each other, and of course lot about themselves. We gain insight on the dynamics of their sisterhood, and how unbreakable their bond is although they feud as most siblings do. They should be proud of themselves because at this point, whether we like them or not, it is irrefutable they are legit, respectable, businesswomen. Hollywood careers don't last forever in which they clearly comprehend, so it is understandable why these sisters are taking on so much, and work hard as more and more opportunities are thrown their way.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 4 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 32 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 29, 2010 4:45:06 PM PST
Irate Mother says:
This rather over-the-top, effusive praise of the KK book is highly suspect -- more than likely it was posted by one of their fawning PR minions. The good grammar and vocabulary are not compatible with the typical Kardashian fan who can barely read -- unless it's written in "Tweet!"

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2010 5:25:31 PM PST
NovelAddict says:
Over the top and effusive? Not at all. Read closely, I am not a super fan. I watch the show for sh!ts and giggles, and as it turned out the book wasn't bad. . . at all. I was impressed, and simply reviewed it honestly, no agenda here. More than likely, YOU have no idea what you are taking about but I'll take your comments as a compliment.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2010 3:43:17 PM PST
I thought the same exact thing! However, I am a Kardashian fan myself (I read and write rather well) and do not agree that grammar and vocab are the give away. I have seen recent interviews with the girls plugging this book and this "review" sounds much like their TV interviews...too funny.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2010 3:57:22 PM PST
NovelAddict says:
Judge all you want, this review came from ME. A regular chick that picked up this book thinking I'd hate it, but was surprised. I've written plenty of reviews and I'm always honest. P.S I haven't seen ANY of their interviews regarding this book.

Posted on Dec 1, 2010 10:44:16 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 1, 2010 10:46:07 AM PST
tea lover says:
The review seems pretty legit and non biased to me. I'm not a fan, and I did not get the sense that I was being coerced to be. Its way too easy to hate them (I know), and this review is perfect for haters or fans. It doesn't really take a side, just honest opinions and observations, in a professional manner. Don't let personal opinion cloud your judgement on this review.. it's obviously not PR or whatever. They'd lay it on a lot more thick.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2010 10:02:29 PM PST
Thank you! Hello!

Posted on Dec 9, 2010 1:33:17 PM PST
Daphi Brooke says:
Wow. Cute title...dash dolls tell all...I like that. Nice review.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2010 3:10:23 PM PST
Sarah says:
I agree - I am a college-educated editor who enjoys the show/the sisters and can completely believe that you wrote that review! One of the points that I think people should note from your review: "This book reads much like a magazine..." I think that is an *excellent* way of describing the book and perhaps aiding potential readers in their expectations.

It's not Dickens. Apparently, it's not even "Pandering" - Heidi Fleiss's memoir (going by reviews and description of content of the latter). I mean, come on.

BUT: it's not meant to be - keep your expectations on that "fun, magazine-type" level, and you should be fine. And/or wait for it to be available at (gasp! - should I even say it?) your public library.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2010 10:36:02 PM PST
NovelAddict says:
Thank you Sarah, I appreciate that.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2011 10:21:43 AM PST
Likeitis says:
Takes hard work.

They were born with a silver spoon in their mouths, and a hollywood connected family

How much hard work was it for their mom to leverage her deceased husbands money and connections into scandals and a reality show?

Come on now. You act as if they have accomplished something worthy of the nobel peace price.

-_-
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›

Review Details

Item

3.7 out of 5 stars (116 customer reviews)

Used & New from: $0.01