Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple Connection, Great Battery, Good Sound, April 14, 2012
This review is from: Nokia Play 360 Bluetooth Speakers -Cyan (Wireless Phone Accessory)
If you purchased the new Lumia 900, then this is a must! Actually, this is a great wireless speaker for any Buletooth device. Connecting to your devices is simple and easy, the design and quality of construction rivals anything Apple produces, and most importantly, the sound quality is superb. The speaker projects the sound upward and easily is able to fill a room. Surprisingly, the bass is also very good. I own the new iPad, a Lumia 900, and an HP laptop. You start to really apperciate the sound that comes out the Nokia Play 360 once you connect it to your device and hear the sound transition from the device to the speaker.

Another great feature is the ability to pair two devices to the speaker, and easily transition back-and-forth to both devices. The battery life is also very impressive. I'm not sure if it will last the full 21 hours as advertised, but I do know that it easily lasted 8-10 hours yesterday on only a couple of hours charge. The portability of the speaker is also a plus. It's lightweight, and it comes with a well designed neoprene carrying case. Another feature that it has is the ability to sync with a second speaker for wireless stereo sound! I haven't tried this feature out yet as I do not have two, but I will be picking up a second after this post.

The only critisism that I have, and this is really a non issue, was that the bottom blue rubber base had a powdery grim on it. This was easily cleaned off, and must have been residules of the manufacturing process. Really a non-issue. This speaker really is beautiful!

Lastly, and surprisingly, yesterday when I was using the speaker with my cell phone and recieved a text message. My phone, through the Nokia Play anounced that I had a new text message, read it to me, allowed me to respond back verbally, and sent the text off, all without a need to push a button. That might not of surprised you, but it was the first time it happened to me, and I didn't even know that was possible!

I like this speaker! Hope you will as well. Nokia's design and quality seem to be returning back to their high, high standards!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 29, 2012 1:16:16 PM PDT
You say you used it with your HP laptop, was that via a Bluetooth connection? Did you have to do any "work" to get drivers etc.? I've had trouble getting it to connect to my Lenovo laptop over Bluetooth and had to use the included cable. (Lenovo W500 running Windows 7 64-bit)

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 29, 2012 1:50:03 PM PDT
JasperJSA says:
Yes, I had to add the device using Bluetooth. Try going to devices and printers under control panel and add a device. Hit the front button on the speaker for 2 seconds and see if your computer recognizes it. Hope it works!

Posted on Jul 17, 2012 6:19:48 PM PDT
That was your Lumia 900 that allowed you to hear your text and respond back to it without touching the phone. It's a feature of Windows Phone 7.5 and it really is pretty nifty. I found out about it one day while wearing my BlueAnt Q2. It does it with any Bluetooth device.

How loud is the speaker and does it still sound good when cranked up to full volume?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 17, 2012 8:33:22 PM PDT
JasperJSA says:
The speaker wont blow out any windows, but it can get loud enough to be "to loud". The sound also doesn't degrade with an increase in volume. One will easily fill a 15'x15' room. I personally bought two of them, and they work together flawlessly. I would recommend buying two different colors as it seems like once you link them, one will always be the left channel, which is the one that controls both when paired.

I would go for it! I don't think you will be unhappy.

Posted on Aug 22, 2012 8:18:02 AM PDT
B. Harris says:
I had powdery grime on the bottom of mine too... complete with fingerprints! Not sure what it is, but it cleaned off easily, so... no issue.

Posted on Sep 25, 2012 8:23:13 AM PDT
What about NFC pairing? Did you test it?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 25, 2012 9:23:44 PM PDT
JasperJSA says:
Unfortunately no. I may be purchasing the Lumia 920 when it is released, which has NFC capabilities. Honestly, with the ability to pair with two separate devices, its as simple as pushing one button to switch between both devices (for me iPad 3 and Lumia 900). I agree that it'll be nice to just tap my phone to connect... we'll see...

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 9, 2013 6:25:56 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 9, 2013 6:26:28 AM PST
for Jasper......Hi-liked your idea of buying two different colors.....problem i'm having is mine won't always pair the correct channel. seems like i have to reset the original pairing often. they just kind of do their own thing until they finally set themselves correctly. can be irritating. have you had this issue? using with an ipod touch 5th gen. thanks!!!!!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›