1,258 of 1,295 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent upgrade from my Logitech QuickCam Pro, June 28, 2010
This review is from: Logitech HD Pro Webcam C910 (Personal Computers)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Length:: 1:18 Mins

Installation was a breeze, it took less than 3 minutes to install. I am using it in a Windows 7 OS 64-bit environment. Unlike most webcam installations, this one was up and running in no time. It has a user-friendly and a very easy to navigate interface/menu. High Definition is pretty much the norm for resolution qualities now-a-days. The Logitech C910 I consider is the "high-end" webcam for the average user. The webacm sits on my 23 widescreen monitor, it balances perfectly on my monitor even though it does not have a clip. However, this might not work so well with laptops.

5 MP HD sensor takes crystal clear snapshots using 10 mega pixels (software enhanced), not even my digital camera is that high in mega pixels. The webcam is not as high quality using it on video chat (HD 720p), but it still beats the other webcam I was using before. I really don't think I will be using the video recorder feature often since I really can't see a need to record myself sitting in front of my desktop but I decided to try it anyways. When I tested the picture quality recording a video, it was clear (HD 1080p) and the sound was superb. Check out the attached video review for yourself (please disregard my Spanglish accent). The videos are saved in .wmv format. The widescreen lens allows a wider camera view compared to the average "square box" - so much more fits in the camera's view. The LightRight 2 technology automatically adjust the lighting conditions in the camera's view, no need to be fusing around with the settings.

It offers a 60-day trial of Logitech FastAccess facial recognition software. You can subscribe for this service that offers facial recognition to access Internet banking, email, etc without the hassle of remembering all your passwords. It can also lock your system to avoid use from unauthorized individuals.

Another awesome fun feature is the Logitech Video Effects. You can use Avatars that will follow your movements and mimic your speech as you chat with your friends. Add face accessories and masks to snapshots or video chat. Distort your image by adding visual video affects like stretching your face, big buggy eyes or distorting the color. There are tons of features to choose from and you can even download additional avatars and accessories direct from Logitech free of charge.

The webcam even offers a motion sensor feature that you can set up to record with a date and time stamp when there is any movement in front of the camera.

Overall great webcam. Major improvement to the Logitech QuickCam Pro I was using before. The Logitech Quickcam Pro offered most of the features listed on the C910, but now I have HD widescreen quality with vivid colors and superb resolution.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 12 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 121 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 30, 2010 5:33:08 AM PDT
Celeste says:
I love how the dogs start fighting on the bed about one min in!

Posted on Jun 30, 2010 6:34:51 AM PDT
The dogs complement the review. You can see them very clearly LOL

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 30, 2010 8:39:54 AM PDT
manbearpig says:
Yup, you can hear the dogs too. So this camera has a good microphone also!

Posted on Jun 30, 2010 9:36:46 AM PDT
Excellent review of this Logitech HD Pro Webcam C910, especially the scene going on in the background. Was unaware that it was also a 10 MP still camera, which make this even more interesting.

Thanks again for the thorough first-person review!

Posted on Jun 30, 2010 10:19:45 AM PDT
C Fox says:
i feel like the great downfall of webcams is the inability to sync the sound and video. this video seems to prove that

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 30, 2010 10:46:12 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 30, 2010 12:48:31 PM PDT
Amazon Deity says:
Actually Christopher I believe it has to do with your processor. I have an HP with the Intel Core i7-980X six-core, which is pretty fast and when I was viewing the video everything synced perfectly. But don't quote me on that - that is just my assumption on why yours might be not matching up.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 30, 2010 12:41:22 PM PDT
Cricket says:
Christopher,

I had the same problem on one computer, but I viewed it on another and it synced just fine.

Posted on Jun 30, 2010 2:20:22 PM PDT
Caroljane says:
Great review. I liked the camera taking pictures of the dogs... showed how it handled movement and a good quality. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 30, 2010 4:08:29 PM PDT
I understand that can be a problem. But not in this video. The audio and video are sync'd on my HP quad core.

Posted on Jul 3, 2010 9:21:56 AM PDT
Manly says:
Okay, seriously, I just want to thank you, Z, for an informative and straight-forward review of this product. That video is very clear (guess I'll have to get dolled-up before talking on Skype now, lol). Speaking of, have you tested it out of any web-chat programs? I know it says it can do 720p on such, I just wonder how crisp it is compared to your old cam?
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.4 out of 5 stars (999 customer reviews)

$99.99 $85.00
Reviewer

Amazon Deity
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)

Location: Western New York