2.0 out of 5 stars VIZIO XWR100 Dual-Band HD Wireless Internet Router, March 24, 2011
This review is from: VIZIO XWR100 Dual-Band HD Wireless Internet Router (Personal Computers)
I have installed quite a few wireless routers in my day, but never one that was up and running so quickly. I think from the time I plugged it in, to the time it was connected to the internet was about 90 seconds and all without a glitch. Here are a couple of other neat things I've noticed.

1. The router is dual band, which means as long as you purchase equipment that is able to function at 5 Ghz (Blu Ray wiFi)you can operate your computer on the lower band and your video streaming on the upper band. All video streaming is also prioritized.

2. There is a connection speed test that is integrated into the router. This is great if you have a non-mainstream internet provider like me and they claim to be providing a certain speed and aren't. It gives you something to beat them over the head with in getting what you were promised.

3. Includes parental controls. Don't want kids on the internet at midnight from their smartphone or computer? Just set it up.

4. So far the wireless signal has been great. The Netgear router I upgraded from had some issues with that.

5.The routers menu scheme is very intuitive and easy to navigate.

So far I am very happy with this router and would recommend it highly, especially to non techie types. I think my next purchase will be the Vizio WiFi blu-ray to see if I can eliminate some of that Direct TV bill.

Hope this helped.

UPDATE: 06/07/12

Well the routers wireless function crapped out and I had to replace it with a Belkin.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 16, 2012 9:01:23 AM PDT
J. Fu says:
Please be aware its parental control is not working. It either block or open the Internet, but not controlled by the time you set. The time range is simply not working. I tried many times.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 10:59:04 AM PST
Ravi Bhola says:
I have had one for a year and nothing but problems. Wireless issues and it resets and so causes all kinds of problems. I am junking it.

Posted on Dec 2, 2012 11:01:13 AM PST
Ravi Bhola says:
This is the worst device. Its been unreliable. Vizio has tried to help but there is nothing they can do. Wireless signal drops intermittently and even the hard wired connection drops as the router resets. I am trashing it and buying a Netgear or something reliable. I love Vizio TV, but not the router.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 13, 2013 1:46:00 PM PST
Bruce K. says:
Been using for 6 months. So far the most troublefree router we've ever ghad.

Posted on Feb 4, 2013 9:17:31 AM PST
Shellback says:
Bought this router because I have a Vizio 60" TV, which I would rate 5 stars, however the router is not so good, so far. Worked good for about 3 days then losses connection every 2 days since. I disconnect it from the AT&T provided Modem, the Computer and the Power supply, Then wait 30-60 seconds then reconnect all three cables then it will reconnect the Internet apps to the TV and PS3. That leads me to believe that the Vizio Router overheats. Maybe Vizio should stick with TVs. I'm glad I check the ratings on their Home Entertainment System before buying it. Bought the Yamaha instead.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 27, 2013 11:37:26 AM PDT
BeastTundra says:
Glad you posted on here. I have not had any problems, I love this router.

Posted on Jul 8, 2014 12:29:46 PM PDT
Dean Kuga says:
I've been using it for almost 2 years now and it's been very stable, only had to "power-cycle" a handful of times in all that time...
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

3.7 out of 5 stars (302 customer reviews)

$89.99 $29.99