3.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for., April 16, 2011
Let me start off by saying, I saw the low reviews after I purchased the item. I was worried it was going to suck, as these lower rated ones didnt start pouring in until after it was already coming in the mail.

After receiving the screen protectors, I tried them out. The cloth for cleaning the screen is very nice, which is a little plus considering the cheap price of the protectors.

The bubbles are a genuine problem, just like all the reviews state. They are annoying and as far as I'm aware, there's no way to completely get rid of all of them. I managed to clear them off the screen, but there are small ones hovering all around the bottom and a few at the top. To be fair, some of the bubbles seem to fix themselves after a time, but this shouldn't be such a big problem in the first place.

There really isn't much more to say about the screen protectors. I'm leaving mine on as I would hate to see even a nick on my iPod Touch, and the bubbles are worth the price if it does keep the screen safe- which it seems to do well.

One final thing I would like to point out, I don't see the "oil spill" or "rainbow effect" everyone else does when my iPod is on or off. It looks normal. I would assume the other reviewers received bad screen protectors, which makes me even more hesitant to recommend this to anybody.

Overall, the screen protector is a rather cheap item that seems to work fine- but you have to put in a fair amount of work to get the bubbles off the screen. I doubt there is a way to get them out entirely. And if you have to re-apply the protector, be aware you will probably attract dust or other pieces of junk floating in the air, none of which will be visible until you re-apply it to the screen.

For two dollars, you get three protectors and three decent cleaning cloths included. If you REALLY want to find a low priced protector, this might be the "best" choice. Just keep in mind you'll have to work at clearing the bubbles to get a decent view on the screen, and that you may possibly end up with a bad set of screen protectors.

[Add comment]