3.0 out of 5 stars One of the batteries crapped out (but otherwise works for gf2), November 12, 2012
This review is from: Wasabi Power Battery (2-Pack) and Charger for Panasonic DMW-BLD10, DMW-BLD10E, DMW-BLD10PP, DE-A93B and Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3, DMC-GF2, DMC-GX1 (Electronics)
SO I lost my factory-issued charger for my GF2 a few months ago. Stupid. I came on here to find a replacement and found that most came with some extra goodies and that there was a pretty wide disparity in the reviews for the different products. I figured that there might be some risk of a third-party charger wrecking my factory-issued battery, so I might as well get one that came with batteries and then have some extra batteries lying around. Some of the products out there had some horror story reviews, including batteries getting stuck in cameras, etc. This one was a little more expensive, but it seemed like it was worth protecting my camera.

The Good: it works. charges the batteries that it came with and my factory-issued battery nicely. no issues of the battery getting stuck or anything. supposedly the batteries that come with it last longer than the factory-issued. I haven't done a test, nor will I, but they seem to last pretty long. It also came w/ a travel adapter and a euro adapter. Haven't had a cause to use them yet, but if I'm not a total shut-in, I will eventually.

The bad: one of the batteries crapped out after one use. It won't take a charge. I'm not really crying about it, since I have the other two and my motive in ordering was just to get a replacement charger, but it's still disappointing given how generally well-reviewed it was. Also, the batteries don't display how much life they have left. But this is a known problem, fully disclosed in the product description, and it's really not that big of a deal.

So, if you're buying this package for the charger, go for it. But if you're desperate for two new, working batteries, well, hopefully they don't crap out on you.

UPDATE: I had originally posted that one of these batteries stopped taking a charge after one use. That was true. I tried about a dozen times and the charger wouldn't recognize that it was plugged in. This weekend, I randomly plugged it in again and, sure enough, it took a charge. I can't figure it out, but it's nice to have three working batteries again.

UPDATE 2: After working fine for a little while, the second battery is not working again. Oddly, the charger now recognizes it and will charge it, but the camera will not. "She falls down a well, her eyes go cross. She gets kicked by a mule. They go back. I don't know."

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]