5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful love story., April 9, 2012
This review is from: Scrap Metal (Kindle Edition)
As you all know by now I only post reviews of books that really blow me away. The reasoning behind this is, let's face it, who am I to comment on someone else's writing! I want to tell people about books that make me aspire to be a better writer, or books that wont let me loose once I have finished them.

This book is one of them. It contained some of the most beautiful prose I have read in an MM book. There was a true romance between Nichol and Cameron but also pure love in every word that describes Arran.

I could not put this book down. Seriously. There is a certain inevitability about the story but it is far from a book of clichés. A few shocks pop up but this isn't a story that makes you think because it offers you cheap surprises, it makes you think because you are so inside Nichol's head. You see how every action has far reaching consequences and how even the smallest decision can change everyone's idea of forever.

There are a couple of small hiccups that pulled me out of the book but these are nothing worth mentioning. I know how easy it is to write what you think people want maybe but some endings (the policeman, the art woman) weren't entirely necessary. This is only because I was so deep into Nichol and Cam's story that I didn't want anything else... my bad!

I must admit one scene when Nichol finds out something about his Granda made me put the kindle down so I could breathe. That doesn't happen to me often.

If you want slow burning lust and love, beautiful descriptive context and a love story that is strangely both wild and steady at the same time then this book is perfect.

Highly recommended.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]