17 of 17 people found the following review helpful
Not a good expansion,
This review is from: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Expansion Set (Video Game)
To summarize why I think Cataclysm sucks:
- Class homogenization made your character less unique.
- Since release of Cata, it's been a terrible ride of buffs/nerfs. You practically have to read the patch notes every single week to find out what they changed about the classes you play.
- The current developers don't seem to give a rip about what the community has to say, sometimes appear downright rude, and do a poor job of communicating.
- The talent tree revamp got rid class research & experimentation. Yet another way you can no longer stand out from everybody else.
- Most of the T11 armor models (hunter excluded) look uninspired.
- Too much rehashing of old content, such as the patch 4.1 dungeons.
- Too many linear quest restrictions in the revamped 0-60 zones if you are doing them in heirlooms! I actually avoid the new zones if leveling an alt because what happens is you level up too fast and get stuck with green xp quests and the inability to move on because you haven't 'unlocked' the next quest chain/hub yet. It's easier to just use the less revamped zones which have less linear flow.
- Nothing to do! You have week long raid lockouts, leaving you with nothing to do other than boring daily quests, boring, expensive, and tedious leveling up of professions, doing long 45 minute to 2 hour dungeons, or just sitting around in the two major cities (SW & Org) waiting on queues or reading trade chat. All the other cities in the game might as well be graveyards because no one uses them.