Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc blink-182 Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

5.0 out of 5 stars REALLY GREAT DESKTOP!!, December 28, 2012
This review is from: HP Pavilion p6-2330 H3Y77AA Desktop (3.6 GHz AMD A6-5400K Processor, 6GB DDR3, 1TB HDD, Windows 8) Black (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Personal Computers)
There are many reviews from buyers who are only rating the operating system (Windows 8) and not the actual computer. For people who are looking for a review of the actual PC (not just the OS), you should be pleased to know that this computer is GREAT!

I originally purchased this computer on black friday for $379, and with all the features the computer comes with, especially the HDD and RAM space, it was a steal.

After many weeks of using this computer, I am more than pleased with its performance. I gave it 5 stars simply because this computer will not disappoint. Here are the aspects that I really like about this computer.

== PROS ==

(1) REALLY FAST START UP: After the first time turning it on, it quickly went through the start up process in which it booted windows and took my info. Very easy process. There are many unnecessary programs that come pre installed with any new PC, so after uninstalling all of the trial apps that came pre loaded with the unit, the computer literally starts up in seconds!

(2) ITS QUIET: You can barely hear the computer when its on, there is no noise from the fan that I can hear. You may even forget its on - thats how quiet it is. Its great if you need to turn on the computer without waking anyone.

(3) THE SPECS: Like I said before, for the price I paid for the unit ($379), 1 TB hard drive space plus 6GB of RAM is a steal. This unit also has WIFI, so I have it connected to all of my devices on our home network, it even connects to the printer wirelessly.

(4) FAST: Did I mention its fast? With all the RAM space, running apps to surfing the web to playing music and watching videos, everything is done with top notch speed.

(5) COMPATIBILITY: Almost every program that worked on previous versions of Windows should work like a charm on Windows 8

(6) MULTIPLE PORTS: There are multiple USB 2.0 ports in the front of the PC, and two USB 3.0 ports in the back of the unit. I also have the Logitech Z313 Speaker System attached to the audio port in the back which also works flawlessly

== CONS ==

There arent many faults about this computer! The only fault I saw is the removal of the "start button" in the Windows 8 operating system.

(1) NO "START" BUTTON: This is a setback i've seen in many reviews of Windows 8, but there is a solution to this "problem." If you dont like the new start menu in Windows 8, you can download a free app which restores the start button that we all know and love! I have been using it since purchasing this PC, and it works like a charm! The app is called "StartMenu8" (iobit[dot]com/iobitstartmenu8[dot]php) which is produced by a company called "IOBIT." This app is really useful to anyone who wants the functionality of the old Start Button in Windows, it really works! It essentially brings back the taskbar to the way it looks in Windows 7!

== REVIEW ==

I had to write a review for this PC because I saw too many were reviewing only one aspect of the unit (the operating system), but that doesnt do this computer any justice! I love this desktop and I hope you buy it too. I bought it when it had no reviews and I'm glad I did. The price for this unit has increased since the time that I purchased it, but for what its worth, its a great PC. If you do not like the way the new Windows 8 looks with the removal of the Start Button, there are alternatives to bringing it back, as mentioned in my review! So overall, this is a great PC, if you are on the edge in deciding, JUST BUY IT, you will not regret it!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 1, 2013 3:22:58 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 20, 2013 10:53:04 AM PST
R. Donnell says:
Great review! I just got this computer on Friday coming from a 4-5 year old Windows Vista 32 bit HP PC. I love it! I can't believe how fast it is and I am enjoying windows 8 and the new start screen and the charms. I didn't know you could go to desktop mode too and have your browser like your used too. My old HP had something called Archos Photo and it was so easy to just click on the redeye and boom it was gone. Not sure if this has anything like it or not I still haven't messed with all the apps. But I downloaded Windows Live Mail and so far so good. I used to use Incredimail but I don't want to put that on here. Trying to not put much on here at all. I would like to throw in another 4 gigs of ram though and make it 10. But it's fast right now and I am enjoying it. I found it at Office Max for 379 and Office Depot for 399. Office Depot instead of matching the 379 price gave me 10% off of there 399 making it 359. A few days later it went back up to 479. Even HP said I got it at a great price. I am very happy with it. Can you tell me what all apps you uninstalled that were junk and how do I do that? I want to make sure I delete all junk I don't need and not leave any files still on here..

Posted on Jan 1, 2013 3:49:34 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 1, 2013 3:50:21 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 23, 2013 2:52:05 AM PST
keperkjr says:
I use a program called "CCleaner" which is a free tool that can make this process easy.

You can get it here: piriform[dot]com/ccleaner

Once you install it, go to: "Tools > Uninstall" and there you can uninstall any program you wish from your computer.

I forgot all of the apps that i removed, but if you look at the list of programs thats listed, you can decide which ones you want to keep

Hope this helps

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 23, 2013 8:46:36 AM PST
R. Donnell says:
Thanks!

Posted on Mar 2, 2013 2:17:28 PM PST
Olddeadcow says:
I just purchased one at Office Depot...great price....reasonable installation by their pros....andcasvan 87 year old....I will be delighted to trash my dinosaur Dell.
This sent from my I Pad....
PS...I am an eager Amazon customer...but prefer hands on when buying electronics......

Posted on Mar 3, 2013 6:22:47 AM PST