Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful book terrific for even an adoptive child too!, February 6, 2006
This review is from: On the Night You Were Born (Hardcover)
When I saw this book I thought oh, I bet this is an absolutely wonderful book for any child who receives it...but I won't be able to read it to my daughter who was "born in my heart & in another mother's tummy". With both my sister and sister-in-law are pregnant I wanted to check out this book and see if my thoughts on this book where the same as the other reviewers.

Not only did I fall in love with this book, but I was also very surprised that this book also can be given to your adoptive child as well! Unlike other books this book focuses completely on your child and not on her or his birthmother. This book speaks of how special your child is, that there is no other child exactly like them and shows you how the world, moon and animals celebrated the night your child was born.

The illustrations are beautiful and some even have musical notes that swirl about the page. The baby is in a basket and you never see the it's face. The words are pure poetry, speaking to the child in all of us on how special, how rare and how there is only one of each of us IN THE WHOLE WORLD!

An awesome book that every child should be given and read to until they know without a doubt of how special they are! Adults too could learn much from this book! And if you are giving this book as a baby shower gift.... you have picked one of the best baby gifts out there in the world today!

PS: Another wonderful book is Twelve Gifts of Birth.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 14, 2007 9:05:16 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Apr 4, 2011 11:17:04 AM PDT]

Posted on May 21, 2009 7:59:58 PM PDT
Thank you for your review. I too am an adoptive step-parent. Thank you for sharing your story... and with this I'll most likely be getting this for our little girl who'll be five soon.

Posted on Oct 6, 2010 2:25:07 PM PDT
EW Customer says:
Thank you for your review, I could tell I wanted the book from the first review, but was worried it wouldn't 'work for us' as our family is built through adoption. I probably would have gone right past the book, no matter how wonderful it seems. So excited to order it now! :)

Posted on Dec 16, 2010 7:04:02 PM PST
T. Robertson says:
Thanks for this review! I, too, am an adoptive parent and wanted a book that did not address the actual pregnanacy or birth mother. I am glad to have this information and will likely purchase this book. Thanks again!

Posted on Dec 18, 2014 7:46:26 PM PST
CST says:
This is also a very helpful book for any mother who experienced birth trauma. It helps to give language to how wonderful the child is even though the birth process was scarring.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›