1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed first time--willing to give it another try. 1/17/12 Update: Don't bother buying this, January 6, 2012
This review is from: Verso Rechargeable Wrap Light for Kindle, Kindle Touch, and Kindle Keyboard (Paper) (Accessory)
I ordered this book light for my Kindle keyboard. The reviews were all over the map, but I decided to give it a try--hoping that I'd get a good one, and not one of the duds that others have reported here.
No such luck.
I charged the book light for 8 hours. It doesn't charge.
The light shines nicely only as long as the light is plugged into a power source. But the point is that it's supposed to be rechargeable and it's NOT supposed to be tethered to a cord.
I really like the size--small enough to fit into my Kindle case pocket. I like that it's (supposed to be) rechargeable--so no batteries. I was pleased with the intensity of the light--which did light while it was plugged in. I like that it can be nicely attached to my Kindle. So, I originally rated it with two stars.
So...the book light is now repacked, and I've printed the return mailing labels, and it'll be on its way back to Amazon for a replacement.
Stay tuned. I'll report back here when I receive the replacement.
(By the way, I'm really disappointed that I splurged for one-day shipping and now I'll be waiting for the replacement. That turned out to be a waste of money.)

UPDATE 1/17/12: Now it's a one-star review. The second light was a dud. Same problem as the first: won't charge. I plugged it into the power source for 36 hours. It won't charge. Light intensity if really good as long as it's plugged into the power source.
This little light is a big disappointment. Nice size; nice in principle. It just doesn't work the way it's supposed to work.
So I'm hoping the manufacturer will get the bugs worked out--do whatever is necessary to FIX IT and try again. Until then, don't bother buying this light. At the very least it's unreliable. It's a waste of time and money.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]