3.0 out of 5 stars Very repetitive, some bugs. Could be good., September 19, 2012
This review is from: Forgotten Mysteries (App)
I play this on an android tablet, so keep that in mind. I have not had it crash as some other users have. I have discovered some bugs though. I cannot get into the Butler's Room in night mode, which means I cannot complete one of the quests. The devs primary language is obviously not English, as there is some hilarious dialogue. "Engrish" if you will.

You can play this game without spending real money, but it takes SO long for your energy to replenish (and the higher the level, the more energy you expend in each room), that I can only play for about 5-10 minutes total per day. Which is fine, I have better things to do.

It's very repetitive. You search for the same things over and over again. I haven't quite figured out what the collections are for yet, other than trading them for silver and gold. At level 23, I am stuck, as one of the rooms is "Coming Soon" and I don't have enough gold to open the portal. I've also had quests repeat, so this app is obviously still in development.

In all, it's okay for wasting some time (a few minutes a day unless you want to spend actual cash), but until the devs get the bugs worked out, and the grammar cleaned up, do not spend any real money on it.

Update:
I ended up deleting this app as I ended up opening the portal (saved all the 35 gold), and it's just another room. The sorceresses room, which you can only get into (after buying those items for 35 gold) with 10 rubies. Each and every time. 10 rubies every time you want to get in there. As the quests were repeating (I had several times that I needed to find sunglasses in 2 or 3 rooms at once), the bugs were not fixed with the update, and I was insanely bored with the very repetitious game, I just deleted it. Fun for a few days, but not a long-lasting game. I still stick with my advice of not paying for it.

[Add comment]