1,375 of 1,443 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Screen Protector, December 31, 2011
This review is from: iPhone 4 / 4S Anti-Glare, Anti-Scratch, Anti-Fingerprint - Matte Finishing Screen Protector (Wireless Phone Accessory)
I like to buy the best products out there, which normally means I buy the more expensive items. But come on, this is a piece of plastic to protect my iPhone 4 screen. I have only bought a screen protector once before, for my toddler's iTouch, and had bubbles all over the screen. So I thought these screen protectors were all garbage. But after getting a big scare by accidentally putting my iphone in my pocket with my car keys, and getting a very light scratch on my screen, I thought I'd give these screen protectors another try.

And again, I thought I'd try some of the cheapest at Amazon, because, well, it's just a piece of plastic. If I was wrong, I was only out a buck or so, and could then go and buy the expensive screen protectors. But this time, I researched around and read some blogs, and found out dust is the culprit for bubbles. Taking that advice, I followed the directions and was able to put the screen protectors on 2 iPhones bubble-free! Here's what I did:

1. I chose my desk as the place to do the application. I wiped it down with an all-purpose cleaner, then wiped it down with a damp wash-cloth. I also did this during the day, with bright sunlight coming into the room. Do not try this at night, I don't think it shows all the dust hitting the screen.
2. Turn off your iPhone. You want to make sure the screen stays black, it's much easier seeing dust.
3. I then used another damp wash-cloth (if you squeeze it and water comes out, it's too wet. It needs to be barely damp), and wiped down my iPhone, front and back.
4. Then I got the little piece of cloth that shipped with the screen protectors and wiped the screen down until it was as clean as I could get it.
5. The iPhone was laid down on the damp cloth so it wouldn't rock and slide as i was applying the screen protector.
6. Peel off "Side 1", and start by lining up the camera hole and the ear hole. Then slowly lay down the rest of the protector on the screen, making sure no bubbles form as you go. You will get some, but if you do it right, they will only be near the edges.
7. Once it's laid down, then take a fingernail and apply gentle pressure from the center of the screen towards the edge. Basically driving the bubble out from underneath the screen protector.
8. The last step, peel off "Side 2".
9. Done!

Should only take about 5-10 mins. But it's so worth it. I bought the matte version of these and it's a nice improvement.

So my initial assessment that screen protectors are garbage is wrong, my technique at applying the screen protectors was garbage. A little bit of homework on the Internet, dust control, and I got a quality result. I highly recommend these screen protectors from this seller. I'd buy them again!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 11 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 32 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 21, 2012 11:30:58 PM PDT
Thanks for the great review! On another note: your toddler has an iTouch??

Posted on Jul 2, 2012 12:41:53 PM PDT
thanks for the more detailed instructions. my 2nd attempt [after throwing away the first one] turned out much better!

Posted on Jul 17, 2012 1:03:54 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 17, 2012 1:04:16 AM PDT
Jess says:
Bhaha your toddler has an itouch? Awesome. That was the only thing I thought of after reading it in your comment:) great review btw!

Posted on Jul 17, 2012 1:04:39 AM PDT
Jess says:

Posted on Aug 14, 2012 7:37:26 AM PDT
Poo says:
How long did it take you to receive this item??

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 14, 2012 8:11:11 AM PDT
Tool Guy says:
I don't recall exactly but it was only a couple of days I think.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 14, 2012 8:24:55 AM PDT
Poo says:
Thanks for your help, I may order this product today!!! :)

Posted on Aug 21, 2012 8:58:41 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 21, 2012 9:03:35 AM PDT]

Posted on Sep 28, 2012 7:05:51 AM PDT
J. Slate says:
Great Review!!! Thanks for helping a new NON-Techie Gal make a good decision. Now, will you offer advice on the best product to protect the new iPhone I just purchased? Not sure what kind of case to buy...hard shell, gel, etc. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!!!

Posted on Sep 29, 2012 10:09:19 PM PDT
Red says:

I highly recommend purchasing iphone screen protectors from this distributor. I purchased one and liked it!! I went back and ordered six because of the low cost and how great they work.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›