5.0 out of 5 stars Great Laptop Upgrade, March 21, 2012
This review is from: HP g7-1310us (17.3-Inch Screen) Laptop (Personal Computers)
As my husband starts grad school, his 7-year-old Dell laptop was slowing him down. I have had an ASUS Eee PC 1000HE 10.1-Inch Black Netbook - 9.5 Hour Battery Life for about 3 years (love it), so I haven't had to deal with his slowly-dying laptop.

So, I researched laptops for several weeks, reading online reviews, scouring the weekly ads. His major requirements were that it have Windows 7 (seemed like they all did) and a large 17" screen (a slightly tougher spec, on a budget).

I had seen this laptop in person at the chain office supply store, but there were no reviews on Amazon, so it ended up being a bit of a leap of faith. I bought it as a gift for him, and he was pleased. He upgraded the Office Starter version.

I was a little bit frustrated by the amount of bloatware that HP pre-loads onto the computer. It took me a couple of days to undo a lot of those. (May not bother you...and I'm sure they use it as a "bonus" included with your purchase.)

I like the additional numeric keypad on the right side of the keyboard. Also, the touch pad is textured, which gives improved navigation using it. It also runs very cool (at least compared to both our existing laptop and netbook).

Overall, I am pleased with the computer. It is very fast for using the Internet, downloading attachments. I also took some digital pictures (the SDHC can be inserted directly into the computer) that were quickly loaded onto the computer. Editing them was easy as well.

The wireless networking works very well (no trouble connecting reliably to our Belkin N600 Wireless Dual-Band N+ Router (Latest Generation)).

For the price, I found this computer to be a good value.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]