29 of 31 people found the following review helpful
Good, but not great.,
This review is from: Dead Rising: Chop Til You Drop - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
I got this game because I had to get rid of my 360 and the Wii was the only next gen game console I could afford at the time. I'm going to try not to compare the 2, but it will be a little difficult.
Anyways here goes with the things I like and the things I didn't.
1. You always have a gun whether it be a Shotgun or Pistol. Ammo is easy to come by. When ever you kill a zombie you can find ammo that they left behind.
2. The game actually doesn't look a lot different from the 360 version which is very surprising to me.
3. Aiming with the Wii remote was a nice addition. Makes things so much easier. Swinging the remote to use melee weapons is also fun and each melee weapon has a different special you can use on the zombies when they are stunned.
4. I like the screen for the inventory. The game pauses when ever you want to heal yourself. Also allows you to carry more items than the 360 version.
1. I understand that this game is for the Wii so they had to cut some things out to make it work. For ex: there are blockades in some parts of the mall that you can't get through in the Wii version of the game, but you could on the 360 version.
2. The game seems to be more focused on the missions and kind of makes me feel more rushed as I play.
3. Frank can't jump? What is up with that? He can't walk in water either. Very strange.
4. Only allows you to carry one secondary weapon at a time. So you get a gun and a baseball bat. You can't carry a baseball bat, sledgehammer, and lead pipe. It's one or the other.
The game could have definitely been better, but for a Wii game it's not bad. It's a nice free roam zombie killing game. I only rented, but I will probably buy it later when the price drops.
Tracked by 1 customer
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 5, 2012 1:19:15 PM PST
rescue me says:
I am stuck in this game. Can anyone help me? I am at the part where two people are dangling from an inflatable something or other in the mall. If they fall, they die. How do you rescure them? I have tried everything!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›