5.0 out of 5 stars Vizio 55" 3D Hi-Def Smart TV is a winner!, October 10, 2012
This review is from: VIZIO M3D550SL 55-inch 1080P 120Hz Razor LED Smart 3D HDTV (Old Version) (Electronics)
I had my doubts about buying this TV as I have been a fan of Samsung products since they were first introduced in the U.S. But I wanted a smart TV with all the features and the other name brands were priced too high. Vizio won by default but only after I read the reviews and considered the options very carefully.

Most of the negatives that I saw reported by consumers were probably due to individual quirks by the purchasers. I have encountered none of the situations they complained about.

This set has beautiful color, superb high definition and some very convenient and thoughtful features. I have yet to experience the 3D but that was a only a minor consideration and not one that I would often use anyway. The sound is good but I use a sound bar so for me this is also a minor consideration.

I have had this set for about a month and it is everything I had hoped for and more. Amazon's price was better by more than $100 over the rest. Also, Amazon provided free delivery and in home unpacking and testing included in the price.

The only thing I would like to have is a few more convenience inputs, perhaps on the front or side of the unit but again, that is a small consideration. These are usually found on sets at twice the price and more.

On a scale of 1 -100 I would give it a 95. Frankly, I was surprised to find this much value in a TV manufactured in the U.S. Thanks Vizio - you made a believer out of me.

[Add comment]