4.0 out of 5 stars Just as with all others, how much height does one gain?, October 27, 2011
This review is from: Cosco 20-552ABL Lite Solution Aluminum Step Ladder, 5-Foot (Tools & Home Improvement)
I currently have a smaller step type ladder that is about a foot shorter than I need to change can lights bulbs in our hallway with its 10 foot ceiling. It appears that none of the ladders promoted on Amazon will post just how much reach a person will gain over standing on the floor. It appears that some would give me the reach that I require if I were to stand on the step that is reserved for placing your paint can or other implements,,,but that is likely a candidate for a Darwin award.

This is beyond idiotic in the marketing of these products,,,,,as others have noted,,,,itn't this the reason to buy one ladder over another? You would almost think that this is deliberate deception as the solution is quite obvious and simple to implement.

For me, it is now off to the big box store to actually see and try the ladder that I need and will buy from the store since I am already there.

GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZ who are these guys?

Subsequently have purchased this ladder. As it turns out, I at 5'10" in height when standing on the top "platform" am able to reach just over 10' which is just what I need to change light bulbs in a 10' plus ceiling.

The ladder is very well designed and of excellent quality. My only complaint is that it was so difficult and time consuming to find just how much reach from the floor this ladder would provide. Even a call to Cosco was to no avail.,,,Although now that I own the ladder,,,I note there is a small sticker on it that suggests that your should be able to reach over 10' at my height. Question is,,,,why is this information so well concealed from potential purchasers???? Is it fear of the government and ambulance chasing Attornies,,,,oh slap my face for losing my head and suspect such!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 6, 2013 2:46:29 AM PDT
Oh Roger, we are twins separated at birth! I, too, want to know the height off the floor on top step -- NOBODY can post MY "reach" unless they know my height and arm length. DUH!

As to your "conspiracy theories" ::grin:: I'd chalk it up to sheer lack of thinking power on the part of the manufacturer(s) and/or poor management of documentation writers and website info providers.

This would be TOO simple to fix online - no excuses accepted!!!! No thinking required, either. They just need hire someone to READ all the comments and adjust.

Thanks for adding your info, btw. I may well need a 4-step for my high ceilings. (and it would be REALLY great to disclose storage dimensions - can't buy it if I can't store it!!!!

xx,