4.0 out of 5 stars Garmin 1350LMT, February 19, 2011
This review is from: Garmin nüvi 1350LMT 4.3-Inch Portable GPS Navigator with Lifetime Map & Traffic Updates (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Electronics)
I've had a Garmin for several years now, just the no bells and whistles model. It has been a life saver and I love the product. I just ordered the 1350LMT in lieu of paying for updated maps and because the car plug in quit working properly and the unit kept shutting off while trying to reach my destination. So far the 1350 model proves to do be a very reliable product. I haven't used the traffic feature yet, but I have read that it isn't that great, perhaps after use I will post again. The touchscreen works great, the sound is good and I was happy with it's overall performance. Here's a huge warning!!! Make sure you read the instructions with your unit and follow them. DO NOT REGISTER OVER THE PHONE!!!! There is a note that if you Register over the phone and/or if you DO NOT Register within 60 days of your first use, then you will lose your lifetime map updates!!!!! I personally thought that was sneaky and underhanded, if I wasn't so anal as to read the instruction booklet I could've screwed myself out of the lifetime map feature and that was one element that was very important to me since I use the Garmin for my job every day. I love the fact that this unit speaks the street names, it's a very helpful feature.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 4 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 21, 2011 7:46:33 PM PST
HobbesGrrr says:
Thanks for the tip about not registering over the phone and to register within 60 days, I never would have guessed you could lose your free lifetime map updates!

Posted on Mar 1, 2011 5:32:49 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 1, 2011 5:35:00 PM PST
C C says:
On the Quick Start Manual for the" Nuvi 1300 Series," it states under "nuMaps Guarantee: "To receive one free map update (if available), register your nuvi at http://my.garmin.com within 60 days of acquiring satellites and driving with your nuvi. You are not eligible for the free map update if you register by phone or wait longer than 60 days after the first time you drive with your nuvi."
I bought the Nuvi 1350 LMT but the package is marked as 1350T; however, as another reviewer has already stated Garmin included a 'card' (like a plastic ID/credit card) that s identified as: "nuMaps Lifetime" and a further indicates: "North America map updates for the life of your Garmin GPS." It states that the product key on the card allows you to access updated maps and points of interest as they become available. "The Program entitles you to receive up to four map updates per year during the useful life of one compatable Garmin product or as long as Garmin receives map data from its current third party supplier, whichever is shorter. Not transferable to another person or Garmin product." So, unfortunately, as far as lifetime is concerned - it could end whenever Garmin changes their map supplier.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2011 9:12:45 AM PDT
Jade says:
wow thanks for the heads up that's real Important thanks again

Posted on Jul 27, 2011 1:44:22 PM PDT
Jade says:
Hi there tell me does this model come with a headphone jack !!!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 1, 2014 1:28:49 PM PST
Lionreb says:
Also let the buyer beware if they intend to buy this product used! Since the lifetime updates is user dependent, it does not go with device from what people are saying here. The advertising for lifetime updates is Limited indeed!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 4, 2014 6:24:12 PM PST
C C says:
You are ABSOLUTELY CORRECT!! Buyer Beware - the lifetime updates are no longer effective for me and appears to have lasted about 3 years. I had been very cognizant of updating my unit online, but could not do so at the end of Jan, just before going on a month long trip. I thought it was something I might be doing wrong and did not have time to research it further. I now plan to purchase a new GPS; but clearly, I will be looking into a different brand, since after using this one, other issues have arisen. I hope to find one more suitable for my needs and that will allow for continuing updates, even if I must pay for them.

Posted on Jul 7, 2014 8:22:25 AM PDT
Tatianna says:
Hi, very good to know about phone registration. my parents do not & have no desire to get a computer. they do everything over the phone or mail in those registration cards that comes with a product. after 3 years how is your product holding up? I have a garmen 265b I love it - jut the right size 3 - 31/2 inches, so it doesn't block your view when driving. need new maps & it doesn't make sense paying for them this year & again & again... i don't like using the gbs on my phone. i prefer a stand alone product. Plus garmen apps are ridiculously priced, all 'l la cart. after you add everything up. it does not make sense to go with them.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›