5.0 out of 5 stars Finally!, March 10, 2011
This review is from: The Edible Front Yard: The Mow-Less, Grow-More Plan for a Beautiful, Bountiful Garden (Paperback)
Finally a delicious, scrumptious book about what's living with the People!
We don't want want to water grass, we're not able to water grass, we're not allowed to water grass! BUT, we are allowed, and able (Where there is a will, there is a way) to water what we eat. We grow food we like to eat, we like to eat the food we grow.
Ivette has dug deep, gone the extra mile, to entice us all to grow (more) food. And she takes us by the hand, not in a Higher Power way, but as a friend, showing us just how much there is out there you can eat!

I love the pictures, I love the suggestions of what to plant, and I love the combinations in the photos.

The book is my favorite in the gardening section, hands down. Ok, I might be a bit biased; I just planted my 30th apple tree, in the front yard, but even if I had knee high grass, I would be tempted to give this food thing a try. ( It's not going away, it's not a fad, you know...)

There is something in the book for everyone: the novice, the advanced, the lunatics (me) and I learned things about plants I grew! Did you know, for example, that you can eat the flowers of garlic after it blooms, that you can eat the leaves of nasturtiums, and that you can grow enough food for your family on a dime in the curb, if needed?

If you ever thought of trying to grow something you would like to eat, start here. You'll skip the first 3 years of the learning curve.
Whether you want to read it cover to cover, or start by looking at the pictures, or find your favorite plant first, you will have fun and many AHA- moments. Just DO IT!

Thanks Ivette, you are Earth Mama!

[Add comment]