2.0 out of 5 stars Smoking Keyboard, June 4, 2012
This review is from: ASUS Transformer Pad Mobile Dock TF300T (Blue) (Personal Computers)
The concept, looks, and function are great. The problem is that it started smoking with a side order of burnt smell. I returned it along with the tablet and memory card. I would buy another "outfit" if Asus addresses the problem as I really liked the tablet.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 5, 2012 3:43:27 PM PDT
ASUS Support says:
(MANUFACTURER)
Dear Dr. Paul Paquin,

I apologize for the issue you had with your Transformer docking station. When the keyboard started to smoke and burn, was the device plugged into anything? Was the TF300T attached to it? I am sorry, I would just like some more information regarding the matter. If you, please, e-mail me directly at cl-tien@asus.com. I just have a few more questions. Thank you in advance for your time. I am sorry the keyboard didn't work out for you.

Best Regards,

Tien
ASUS Customer Loyalty

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 7, 2012 8:19:21 AM PDT
suz08 says:
My keyboard dock started to smoke today too!!! Now im worried it may have fried my tablet a bit as i was forced to reboot my tablet... the night before i decided to charge it along with my ipod charging from the usb so i was forced to keep it on to charge my ipod. I will be trying to return my keyboard once i get home from vacation. The smoke scared my 6 year old cousin to death when she asked to play games.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2012 4:57:02 PM PDT
ASUS Support says:
(MANUFACTURER)
Dear Suz08,

I apologize for the smoking keyboard that scared your little cousin; I hope she is okay.

When the docking station started to smoke, did you notice and fire, sparks, ect? I would like to take a look at this issue a deeper for you. Would you happen to have any pictures? When you get home from vacation, or at your earliest convenience, if you could please e-mail me at cl-tien@asus.com. I just have a few questions about the docking station smoking. I hope to hear back from you soon.

Best Regards,

Tien
ASUS Customer Loyalty

Posted on Jul 3, 2012 11:05:44 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 3, 2012 11:11:10 PM PDT
Nish says:
I just had the same thing happen myself. I plugged in the pad and it started to smoke on the left side. Something shorted and almost caught on fire. Luckily, nothing happened to my tablet (as far as I know), except for a little singe mark. That really scared the poop out of me.

By the way, there was no fire and no sparks. I only docked the pad, it made a sound signaling it connected properly and started to charge, but a moment later, there was a lot of smoke from the left side connector. I managed to release the tablet from the dock before any real damage occurred. Unplugging the pad stopped the smoke immediately.

Posted on Oct 29, 2012 2:37:17 PM PDT
Patrick B. says:
Hey:

If u use a SD card the tablet will bug anyway. Just use the dock. My tablet restarts every 15 minute when i use my SD card in the dock station.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›